Excel style software

Status
Not open for further replies.

fregan

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum, so here goes:
I have a BCD 996T and would like a much easier way of adding labels/descriptions to the frequencies I scan. The 996T is a pain to program.
Does anyone know of an excel-style program that would make it easier to label frequencies?
I currently have FreeScan and a trying out ProScan but they don't help much. Thanks.

captclint

Mentor
I have a BCD 996T and would like a much easier way of adding labels/descriptions to the frequencies I scan. The 996T is a pain to program.
Does anyone know of an excel-style program that would make it easier to label frequencies?
I currently have FreeScan and a trying out ProScan but they don't help much. Thanks.
Since typing is typing, I can only assume you want a separate file so you can have more than 16 characters for your own non-scanner records. To create such a file, you can highlite the entire Freescan table in each group and paste into excel for later editing. You get a lot of extraneous colums that are easily deleted. I don't have Proscan, but ARCXT makes this a little easier. You can highlite just the 1st 3 columns. You can paste excel info back into ARCXT, but not FreeScan. In general, ArcXT is based on most basic commands in excel.
I assume you are aware of the comment column in Freescan, that might just do what you want.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not quite true, Cap. You could save an Excel spreadsheet, do a copy and use EZ Grab. If needed, you could even save it as a CSV (comma separated values) file.

EZ Grab is quite powerful, once you learn how to use it

Mike

fregan

Thanks guys. I can't recall what I used to program my 996T when I first purchased the scanner. The only thing I can remember is that is was a excel-style format. I don't think Uniden has free programming software on it's site. Hmmm, maybe that's where I got the software. Thanks again.

pgnsucks

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum, so here goes:

I use Excel for this I just copy and paste from the RR database. Then I use Ez-Grab from Freescan and upload the data. Ez-Scan has become even more user friendly as I have used this sequence 2 times in the last 3 days.

Right now my money is tight as soon as this changes I will just update and renew my subscription to RR. Then programming a scanner is just soo easy.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No need to copy/paste from Excel, pgn. EZ Grab will handle this by itself - the only reason I might do something like this is to edit the data before I bring it into FS. While FS does have its own editor, it's a bit klunky to use.

Mike

pgnsucks

I have used PSR, Proscan & EzScan & Ezscan is the easiest to use by far. I do cut and paste otherwise how would my computer know what data to move. I also make files in Excel for future reference.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Read up on EZ Grab in the user guide. You'll see that all the columns at the top are really pulldowns that you select to tell FS what data to put into what column. This process is called 'mapping'. It's what really sets EZ Grab apart from a simple copy/paste utility.

Freescan EZGrab - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.