Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Interesting that some of the freqs show FB2 repeater and others FBT trunked

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Excelsior PD has been running full encryption for the past several hours. I verified this by attempting to monitor and by watching Pro96com. Not sure if the encryption is something temporary or if it's now a permanent thing. Just an FYI for those who regularly monitor up in that area.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Excelsior PD has been running full encryption for the past several hours. I verified this by attempting to monitor and by watching Pro96com. Not sure if the encryption is something temporary or if it's now a permanent thing. Just an FYI for those who regularly monitor up in that area.

Update: PD has gone to full-time encryption. They're also Phase II on the Excelsior Springs site, fire is currently running Phase 1. Both PD/FD talkgroups are showing up as Phase 1 on the KCMO MARRS site.

scannerowner

It amazes me what P25 systems do. Automatically changing the phase to 1 or 2, based on surrounding sites. I think Phase 2 sounds different from Phase 1.

nd5y

Automatically changing the phase to 1 or 2, based on surrounding sites.
Phase 1 or 2 use is determined by the system and user radio configurations. It has nothing to do with neighbor sites.
I think Phase 2 sounds different from Phase 1.
There should be no difference in audio quality assuming all the user radios and consoles were configured the same. Phase 1 and 2 both use the same audio codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.