Exercise Solid Curtain/Citadel Shield 2012 (19-24 Mar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin

ecps92

Good info Dan, thanks.

Not all LE Channels are encrypted and even if they are Logging them is part of the Hobby :wink:

DAHLGREN, Va. -- Exercise Solid Curtain/Citadel Shield 2012 will be conducted on naval bases and installations throughout the continental United States on March 19-24. Solid Curtain/Citadel Shield 2012 is not in response to any specific threat but is a regularly-scheduled exercise.

Exercise Solid Curtain/Citadel Shield 2012
RDML Scorby's message on Solid Curtain-Citadel Shield 2012 - YouTube

Good time to discover any new talkgroups if there not encrypted.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
They are in the Florida panhandle!! I guess it's a crusade against me then. Cause everywhere I go base LE is encrypted. I'd like to know what bases you "experts" monitor that aren't? Maybe I need to find a new vacation spot. Cause most of my others have been ruined due to encryption.

ecps92

USN Newport RI, USN New London CT, USAF Hanscom MA a few here in New England

They are in the Florida panhandle!! I guess it's a crusade against me then. Cause everywhere I go base LE is encrypted. I'd like to know what bases you "experts" monitor that aren't? Maybe I need to find a new vacation spot. Cause most of my others have been ruined due to encryption.

Token

NAWS China Lake, California, for example. Although base ops have gone digital, the LEs and ASFs are still analog FM, no encryption. Since they are now dispatched out of San Diego I could see were there might be others associated in the clear.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.