• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Expanding Zone Channels: Anytone 878

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

Going through my zones, I've noticed they are confined to 16 channels. I've programmed 65 fire channels, but currently, can only access the 16 in the zone at a time, twirling the channel dial.

Can someone tell me, please, how can I expand the zone so that I can rotate [or scan] the channel selecting knob, to access the 65 fire channels I've programmed?

I've search the internet and the manual, yet have not found any instruction on how to do this.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain

chief21,

I believe that I have the latest firmware/CPS update: 1.13

I'm unaware of the capability to add more than 16 channels to a zone in that update. Can you be a bit more specific on where one might find this?

Many thanks.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Alain -

From the Bridgecom web site...

Technical Specs:
  • AnyTone At-D878UV PLUS Version 1 with programming cable, GPS, And 3100mAh Battery.
  • VHF/UHF DUAL BAND: Features both DMR digital and analog modes. DMR Tier I and Tier II operation.
  • Massive Memory: 4,000 Memory Channels, 10,000 DMR Talk Groups, 200,000 Digital Contacts, 250 zones, up to 250 channels per zone.
  • High Power Output - 6.0W, 4.0W, 2.5W, 1.0W selectable TX power output
  • 2-pin style Kenwood K1 type speaker mic connection. IP-54 Water and Dust Resistant
  • Color TFT Display - 1.77-inch color TFT screen for Day or Night operation with Dual or Single Channel display
    • 4,000 channels Memory Channels
    • 10,000 DMR Talk Groups
    • 200,000 Digital Contacts
    • 4 programmable power levels: 6/4/2.5/1 Watt Transmit Power Levels
    • 250 zones, up to 250 channels per zone
    • 136-174 / 400-480 MHz RX/TX
    • 1.77-inch color TFT Screen with a selectable dual channel or single channel display
    • Up to 35 hours between charges with the supplied 3100 mAh lithium-ion battery
    • GPS Feature
    • Analog APRS Transmit only
  • Bandwidth 12.5 / 25.0 kHz Analog, and 12.5 kHz DMR Import/Export
  • Enhanced CPS allows direct input and export of channels, digital IDs and talkgroups
  • Supports DMR Tier I and Tier II operation, making it compatible with DMR repeaters that utilize two-slot TDMA technology
  • 2-pin style Kenwood K1 type earphone and speaker mic connection for a variety of accessories
  • IP-54 Water and Dust Resistant

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Actually, the latest user manual .pdf (included with the 1.14 FW and CPS update) states that the '878 supports up to 160 channels per zone. Not as many as mentioned in the Bridgecom web site, but certainly more than 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.