Expansion of the Nevada Shared Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gariac

A friend sent me this link.
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/media...adio Project DOI BLM NV L020 2009 0024 EA.pdf

It is about expanding the microwave network for Nevada Energy, but it looks like the system will be used for the NSRS as well.
-------------------------------
NVE uses the Nevada Shared Radio System (NSRS) to support their daily business operations. This system is shared by public safety and critical infrastructure pr oviders in both public and private sectors and at all levels of government (e.g., Nevada Highway Patrol, 911, Nevada Department of Transportation [NDOT], etc.). Under the current system, radio coverage is li mited and is often unavailable in rural areas because of the mountainous terrain and lack of communicati on facilities throughout eastern Nevada. The proposed microwave and mobile radio network would expand th e mobile radio coverage for the multiple address system radio and the NSRS.

BTW, I only see 13 threads in this forum. Is there some sort of archive? The reason I ask is the document dates back to 2010, so I don't know if this is old news.

com501

NV Energy also needs more microwave so they can talk to their 'smart' meters. The NSRS is a never ending beast. Every time they need more subscriber money, they expand the system.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
NV Energy also needs more microwave so they can talk to their 'smart' meters. The NSRS is a never ending beast. Every time they need more subscriber money, they expand the system.

Sounds like the various cell phone networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.