Experienced, but at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftones81

I have a Uniden Bearcat 125at and I moved to Baxter Co Arkansas. So I go here and program in 300 frequencies and I am getting virtually nothing, I know baxter CO has an encryption program but what about the other 275 frequencies. I have triple checked all the data.

I have the surrounding counties on there and I know they are not all using encryption

Last edited by a moderator:

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Most of the freq listed can be monitored just unfortunately not with that radio. Perhaps a 996 as the P25 does not appear to be simulcast.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden Bearcat 125at and I moved to Baxter Co Arkansas. So I go here and program in 300 frequencies and I am getting virtually nothing, I know baxter CO has an encryption program but what about the other 275 frequencies. I have triple checked all the data.

I have the surrounding counties on there and I know they are not all using encryption
Not sure exactly what you are trying to monitor, but a lot of the agencies for your county are listed as using the statewide P25 trunked system, AWIN. There's also a sizeable number using either DMR or NXDN. Mountain Home has a separate NXDN trunked system.

Your scanner cannot receivethe statewide system, nor any frequencies using DMR or NXDN. There's nowhere near 275 frequencies on the county database page, much less 300. What other frequencies are you trying to program?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For Marion County, many of the frequencies are either P25 (digital), DMR, or NXDN.
Stone County shows a lot of DMR, as well as using the state's system.
There's scattered DMR & NXDN used in other area counties as well.

W0JOG

I hear Marion County but not much traffic these days. So much of the routine stuff has gone to the computer screen in the cars. I.e., routine dispatches and license checks, etc.

deftones81

Ok so I quoted the 275 from every county within 100 miles of me, everything i could put I would. So I apologize I am not as experienced as I said. The reason I cannot pick up these frequencies is because they are P25, DMR, NXDN? Is that the same as digital and trunked frequencies? What kind of scanner would I have to purchase to get these? I appreciate you taking the time out for me.

Thanks hiegtx

W0JOG

I have two HomePatrol 1s and a SDS 200 doing 24/7 work in Baxter County. Had the HomePatrols working in Marion County when I lived there. Almost all activity now, as others have said, is digital and the HomePatrol is actually my favorite for ease of programming and sensitivity. I'd trade the SDS 200 for another in a New York minute.

But, as I wrote earlier, activity is much less than it used to be due to public service activity moving to transmitting a lot on to the computers on board patrolling units. Still, the chatter is there. And AWIN does a couple of regional roll-call transmissions that you should be hearing if you have much of an antenna up. I use one discone outside up about 10 feet and the rest are on their quarter wave antennas inside the house.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok so I quoted the 275 from every county within 100 miles of me, everything i could put I would. So I apologize I am not as experienced as I said. The reason I cannot pick up these frequencies is because they are P25, DMR, NXDN? Is that the same as digital and trunked frequencies? What kind of scanner would I have to purchase to get these? I appreciate you taking the time out for me.

Thanks hiegtx
P25, DMR, and NXDN are all digital transmissions. They can be used either as 'conventional' channels, or as part of a trunked system.

For your county, Baxter, the database shows that Baxter County is using the statewide AWIN trunked system, but they also have some conventional (not trunked) channels, most of them are DMR.

Mountain Home has a few conventional channels, but it appears that they mostly use their NXDN trunked system.
1615081454724.png

For Marion County, the S.O. uses conventional DMR for Dispatch, but county fire indicates using conventional P25, with EMS using NXDN.
1615081600884.png
For an explanation of how a trunked system works, see this Wiki article:
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

Your 125a can monitor channels that are not digital. Those are labeled as FM or FMN in the node column.
1615081875318.png

Status
Not open for further replies.