Experiences with Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsalomon

Premium Subscriber
What have been your experiences with buying a TRX-1 from Amazon? I've heard stories about people getting defective units or getting the wrong unit altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure it says "sold and shipped by Amazon" and you should be fine. If it's someone or some other company selling through Amazon, then you need to pay attention to the seller's ratings. Only use sellers with good ratings and not a new seller.

I've bought numerous scanners through Amazon and never had a problem.

Best - David

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
What have been your experiences with buying a TRX-1 from Amazon? I've heard stories about people getting defective units or getting the wrong unit altogether.

I buy everything from Amazon as I have amazon prime and get things in two days (as long as it has the PRIME logo by the item). Make sure it is sold and shipped by amazon as someone else pointed out. There is also a return policy and u simply print the return label and send it back at their expense. no risk.

sprite1741

I will be buying my TRX-1 and 2 from Amazon. I would rather take the chance with Amazon because of their return policy. Most other scanner stores charge a 10 to 15% restocking fee and return shipping so you lose money if something goes wrong . Amazon credits you 100% and even pays the return freight. Most of the problems are with third party sellers. Always buy "sold and shipped" by Amazon for the best deal.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all. Would the software work with a screen reader since I'm blind?

You could also try the EZScan software now for free. Just download it, install it and see if it works with your screen reader software. The link to download it says "buy now", but you just put in your name and address to download it, it's free.

Download it here: https://whistlergroup.com/products/ez-scan-for-trx-1

Best of luck to you!

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
I just got my TRX-1 in yesterday that I ordered off Amazon, and absolutely would do it again. Price was good, and if I end up sending it back, I foresee no issues there either.

K9JLR

I ordered my TRX-2 off of Amazon last week, and I had no issues with the product itself, save for an unrelated memory card issue that was fixed through reformatting (this has been common with other units, regardless of the supplier). The price has been as low as $479 with free shipping for Prime customers (I snagged mine for $483). They do offer an Amazon credit card, which I opted to get for this purpose, which loaded a $70 credit on to my account, along with 5% cash back on each Amazon purchase for Prime members. This is a great deal if you order a lot from Amazon like I do, have a Prime membership, and you are disciplined enough to always pay the balance in full each month to avoid ever paying any interest to the credit card conglomerates.

sprite1741

I take back my post in support of Amazon. I had to fight with their idiot customer service about an issue. I won't be ordering my TRX's from them. Glad I canceled my Prime. Will need to find a new vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.