Expired/Terminated Licensces on the Database Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lars128

Expired/Terminated Licenses on the Database Question

I went through my county's database and came up with a bunch of canceled/expired/terminated licenses that are more or less clutter at this time. Are they supposed to be on the database at this time or can they be taken off? How is it done?

Last edited:

btritch

Better double check and make sure they're actually old! I have THREE in my county here, UTILITY, STREET, And FIRE Dept. that are expired but are not old, They're current they just didn't renew..Point, Double check and make sure they're old, LOL

As Far as taking the old ones off if they really are old, I'm not sure, I guess you'd hvae to contact a DB ADMIN.

rescuecomm

They better be careful about operating on expired licenses. If left expired too long, someone else can license the freqs right out from under them. My squad's VHF repeater output freq was originally a neighborng county's fireground simplex channel that someone let sit unrenewed for two years. APCO's coordinator gave it to us when we applied for it.

Bob

qlajlu

Silent Key
I would suggest posting this question in your own state discussion forum first. There are probably members there that keep close tabs on things like this or would like to know about it. If nothing else, it might help get the local members to pay closer attention to the Db. We are continually having discussions about the status of different frequencies/TGs in our area.

To make changes, add, or delete information on the Db, click on Submit at the top of the Database page and fill out the form.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I've found several that show "expired" as well. It appears that many of these cases are when an agency operates under someone else's current license. I see this usually with interop/interagency channels or when the agency's radio shop holds the actual license and they let their customers use the freqs.

ecps92

a FEW in my area show as Expired, but checking the FCC DB shows they got a new CallSign
just not edited in the RR DB yet [submitted the new Call Sign]

Remember the RR Db and the FCC DB avail via RR don't always link or change the Callsigns
for our Local Public Safety, manytimes this requires a user [YOU] to submit the new callsign

Better double check and make sure they're actually old! I have THREE in my county here, UTILITY, STREET, And FIRE Dept. that are expired but are not old, They're current they just didn't renew..Point, Double check and make sure they're old, LOL

As Far as taking the old ones off if they really are old, I'm not sure, I guess you'd hvae to contact a DB ADMIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.