EXPLOSION EXPLOSION middletown

Status
Not open for further replies.

telephone32

There has been a explosion in middletown ct at power plant on river rd.

Over 100 hurt possible 4 DOA !!!!!

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Fire reported under control at 1235 PM per scanner feed

SonicN

Trying to search for news on this, but the numbers of dead bodies, goes from 2 to 40, but police say that it is "mass casualites"

Explosion At US Power Station In Middletown Connecticut: Mass Casualties At Kleen Energy Plant | World News | Sky News

""There was a massive explosion, there are multiple injuries and possible fatalities," said Middletown police office George Yepes.

A search and rescue operation is underway for workers who may have been buried in debris from the blast, a local hospital spokesman said.

At least two people are understood to have died in the incident at the Kleen Energy Plant, which occurred at around 11:30am local time.
"

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I heard the original call on the Cromwell LTR system ( talkgroup 1-05-179 ) from here in Milford (I have it recorded too) and a little over a minute later I heard the blast from inside my house. I am on Long Island Sound in Milford so I guess the sound came right down the water.
I would never believe it if someone told me they heard it that far away!
Bob

I heard the original call on the Cromwell LTR system ( talkgroup 1-05-179 ) from here in Milford (I have it recorded too) and a little over a minute later I heard the blast from inside my house. I am on Long Island Sound in Milford so I guess the sound came right down the water.
I would never believe it if someone told me they heard it that far away!
Bob

How did you hear the call before the blast?

And as far as the count of injuries etc. I was on scene doing some volunteer work and hear several different things from several different people (Clergy, Plant Workers, ETC.) So at this point, There is way too much confusion to get an exact number.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
How did you hear the call before the blast?

I was scanning the Cromwell system by coincidence because I programmed several trunked systems in my BCD396XT and I was also trying out a new program which logs the scanner audio and the radio information at the same time (scanner recorded pro). I heard the call and at the time of course didn't know how big it would become. I heard and felt the blast here a short time later, but again at the time didn't know it was related.
I attached an audio clip

Attachments

• CROMWELL LTR TALKGROUP 1-5-179 short.zip
    178.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.