explosion in whiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iankm

Soemthing huge is going on. In whiting, ocean county. county fire and ems cordinators where just called. and 3-4 monoc units. Someone closer please update.

UPDATE, explosion was just calle dout on ems one when they headed out 5 squads, mass evacuation.

Iankm

155.2800 ems 3 is now the main channel, 4 to 5 squads from what i have heard have been dispatched...

Iankm

I am a little far away, i can only hear both ends of the convo when they are on the trunk system. All i got out of this was the following.

monoc sent 3 ALS units.
Thorw monoc 3 bls units where sent in.
The ocean county ems coordinaters fire marshells and fire coordinaters where all calle din.
South star flow out one person with 3rd derg burns covering the whole body.
40 to 50 ppl where bussed to the local fire house
5 squads where dispatched as mutal aid
and i heard somethin about the gas being shut off.

SCPD

QRT
If it was a propane tank explosion, I heard SouthSTAR fly a person with full thickness burns to the Temple Univ. Burn unit in Philly.

SCPD

QRT
08/03/05) WHITING - A furnace explosion caused an evacuation of an assisted living facility in Ocean County Wednesday.

The explosion happened on the second floor at the Keswick Pines Assisted Living Facility in Whiting. Firefighters say the explosion was confined to one room, but blew out windows and balcony doors.

The person working on the furnace at the time of the explosion was airlifted to Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia with serious injuries. All of the residents are staying at another assisted living facility in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.