Export Text from Sentinal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Is there anyway to extract, what would amount to, a printable text document that would show what Systems/Depts/Channels that are in your Favorites Lists?

Just trying to compile a list of what I have programmed without having to make my own text document.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yep.

Using your Windows Explorer, go to your users folder on your computer. Then look for Documents>Uniden>BCDx36HP>FavoritesLists. You should see, depending upon the number of Favorites Lists you have, files like "F_000001.hpd".

Right mouse click on a file and open it with a text editing software, such as Notepad.

Sentinel should NOT be running - if it is, you may be unable to open the HPD files because they are in use by Sentinel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
PS- If you do open an HPD file, be really careful to NOT make changes and save the file. The results may be disastrous.

Making copies of the file and then opening the copy is the safer course of action.

Jake68111

Exactly what I was looking for......

Thank you, ofd8001!

Even if changes were made, but when I connected my scanner and chose "Read FROM Scanner" wouldn't that replace what had been changed?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Even if changes were made, but when I connected my scanner and chose "Read FROM Scanner" wouldn't that replace what had been changed?

That is correct.

One thing I do, and it may be overkill, but I make back-up copies my SD cards (I have three different configurations). They are saved to a "BCD536 SD Card" folder on my computer. That way if something really bad happens, I can go back and retrieve archived data.

kellykeeton

so I am reviewing that script but have some concerns about its legitimacy as deployed. that thread is closed but clearly the web server using to publish PHP code to do the parsing isn't "legal" to be distributed as is form my initial research. the webserver mongoose is seen as a virus, which the user states is a false positive.. my only assumption is that its a very old version that is prone to some failure as the copy of mongoose that is public costs money to run PHP.

its a odd way to run the parsing and I think a perl script would be better purposed for it. .anyway fun idea I have the code to tinker with and might make this into a cooler app if i can work with the original author to use his code for an idea I have.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
so I am reviewing that script but have some concerns about its legitimacy as deployed. that thread is closed but clearly the web server using to publish PHP code to do the parsing isn't "legal" to be distributed as is form my initial research. the webserver mongoose is seen as a virus, which the user states is a false positive.. my only assumption is that its a very old version that is prone to some failure as the copy of mongoose that is public costs money to run PHP.

its a odd way to run the parsing and I think a perl script would be better purposed for it. .anyway fun idea I have the code to tinker with and might make this into a cooler app if i can work with the original author to use his code for an idea I have.

Hi I'm the developer of the report generator. Very recently(last month or so) the developer decided to sell it to some other company that charges for the software(for commercial use+PHP/CGI). I'm not too happy about that. The version I have does work great, and is legal to use.

I stopped working on it because It detects as a virus (false positive), and using PHP and a webserver to generate a uniden report isn't the best method of doing so. It's a bit too clunky I feel. The thread was archived either because it didn't get enough bumps and fell into the archive, or it was automatically moved into the archive when the Uniden forum got split into different categories.

Jake68111

I haven't the faintest clue when it comes to software development but......

Is it not conceivable to make a stand alone program that does the same? I can't help but think that someone could do it without relying on 3rd parties.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I haven't the faintest clue when it comes to software development but......

Is it not conceivable to make a stand alone program that does the same? I can't help but think that someone could do it without relying on 3rd parties.

That's correct. you could do that. Unfortunately, I'm more of a web developer than a software developer which is why I chose to use PHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.