ProScan: Exporting Data to Different Model

K3JTP

Premium Subscriber
My BCD325P2 file holds only conventional and P25Phase I systems. I recently obtained a BCD996T and want to populate it with the same systems as on my handheld. ProScan does not let me copy my 325P2 data to the 996T file . It seems to insist that the file I open correspond at all times to the Model I selected from the menu bar, so it does not execute my export or import command. Is there a procedure to export data from the file on Model A to a new file for Model B.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this will help you or not but try looking in here.

K3JTP

Premium Subscriber
I looked at the manual (I made a hard copy), but it does not address my specific issue. In effect I am trying to clone the data from my 325P2 to my 996T using ProScan Export/Import functions.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My BCD325P2 file holds only conventional and P25Phase I systems. I recently obtained a BCD996T and want to populate it with the same systems as on my handheld. ProScan does not let me copy my 325P2 data to the 996T file . It seems to insist that the file I open correspond at all times to the Model I selected from the menu bar, so it does not execute my export or import command. Is there a procedure to export data from the file on Model A to a new file for Model B.
Use the BCD996T instance to import
1. Open or create a new database if not already open
2. Go to the menu Database - Import - Import DMA . . . then select the file then click the Open button
3. The import dialog box should appear. Uncheck the items not to import
4. Click the Import button

Last edited:

K3JTP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but that does not work. If you create and open a data file for the 996T (your first instruction), a visual copy of that model appears at the top of the page. If you then try to open the 325P2 data file to export the data to the new, empty, 996T file (your second instruction), an error message appears:
"Cannot Open the Database File-Database appears to be for another scanner type-File must be imported using the Database Import Menu"
That, of course, blocks yu from the next step, and forces you back to the beginning, and it becomes an endless loop. There does not appear to be any command to export to a specific file or to import from a specific file.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If you then try to open the 325P2 data file to export the data to the new, empty, 996T file (your second instruction), an error message appears:
Don't try to open the 325P2 file. Just go to the menu Database - Import - Import DMA . . . then select the file to import.

Perhaps step 1 wasn't clear. Should be
1. Open a 996T or create a new database file if not already open