Extend listening range

Status
Not open for further replies.

bso8870

I am a police officer in Broward and have all PD's programmed with pro-91 except those not on Motorola system. Is there a way to increase range to listen to Miami pd's and palm beach pd'swhile in Broward from my portable scanner. Maybe put an external antenna on roof of car and attach to portable? Just curious!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
You will need an external antenna, that is a given, to listen to out of County signals and will most likely need to be close to the County boarder to hear the lower municipal systems.

Who or what in Palm Beach County are you interested in listening to?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
If You Just Want to listen to miami and palm beach, it might be wise to get a mobile antenna specifically designed for 800Mhz, it will give you a little better reception, what antenna are you using now?

bso8870

I am just using the stock antenna. I would like to listen to PBSO Miami PD and Miami Dade. Any suggestions on external 800 mhz antennas?

Last edited:

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The Palm Beach County TRS, that PBSO uses, can be heard pretty well down to I595 with an outdoor mobile antenna. Anything south of that is spotty and you would get interference from the Hollywood system because a number of our channels are right next to them.

Any magmount 3db antenna cut to the 800 MHz band and put on the roof will do the job for you.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.