Extending frequency coverage PRO-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I'm trying to stay out of trouble with the Big Boss in my house :)

Is there a way to modify the recieve range on a PRO-96 so that I can listen to TV audio.
I tried last night to enter the audio for TV channels 2, 4 and 7, and the display says invalid freq. My hearing is not nearly as good as the wife's. So I'll sit there with an earbud and watch the TV with her. Freqs for 2, 4 and 7 are 59.75, 71.75 and 179.75.

I've got a hunch that there is no modification. But it don't hurt to ask. Guess I'll have to look around here for my ol' 200 channel bearcat handheld. I just sold my VX-5R, which is what I used to do this with. Didn't realize the '96 wouldn't work 'til it was too late.

jeffrey420

The only thing I have heard about extending frequency coverage, is using win96 and selecting extended frequencies on the setup page.

I know it opens up 700mhz and the milair band. I am unsure of the actual ranges that it opens up.

You might try searching in the Wiki.

jeffrey420

I just tried those on my pro-2096 which I have the extended selected through win96.

Yes it does accept those entries.

You will need win96, and the programing cable.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Just to add to what was previously mentioned, The PRO 96 does not support WFM, which is the mode needed for TV Audio.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

jeffrey420

h8tdigitalradio said:
Hello,

Just to add to what was previously mentioned, The PRO 96 does not support WFM, which is the mode needed for TV Audio.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Ah... That would be the problem. I know it opens the freqs. up. I did hear something on a freq. there but real choppy sounding. I guess with being wide band it won't recieve a clear signal?

SCPD

QRT
O.K Thanks for all the help. After a bit of a search, I found my BC200XLT out in the garage. Guess that will suffice for the task at hand.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
That is true about the audio for TV or FM. I thought I had a problem with it I don't have that radio no more it stinks I have the 396 which is better and it does have WFM. I just got 2055 getting to mess with that to see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.