Extending Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvMan

Looking for a little advice as I don't know much about RF signals.

I work in a small building about 55k square ft, we use RF's for inventory and work. We acquired a building across the street, about 400 ft from our main building. The RF signal works to just inside the other building but not throughout the other building.

I was wondering is there a way to amplify or increase the range of this signal to work in the other building?

I appreciate any answers I can get, thanks.

69Z28

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Looking for a little advice as I don't know much about RF signals.

I work in a small building about 55k square ft, we use RF's for inventory and work. We acquired a building across the street, about 400 ft from our main building. The RF signal works to just inside the other building but not throughout the other building.

I was wondering is there a way to amplify or increase the range of this signal to work in the other building?

I appreciate any answers I can get, thanks.
Sounds like you need to employ some type of RF engineer.
Would need to know the frequencies used and the types of signals.
Some building materials are opaque to radio frequencies.
You might need to purchase some type of device which could couple the RF signals from the one building to the other and employ some type of leaky coax - which would have to be installed in both buildings.

zz0468

Listening from DC to Daylight
Anything is possible. But without specific details, no one here will be able to suggest anything other than what's already been suggested.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

What about installing a band-specific roof-top antenna on the 2nd building, running coax down inside, then attaching an identical antenna to the other end? With or without a bi-directional amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.