External Amplified speaker for mobile use with a BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes_tornado

Is there a shoulder mic that I could use with my bcd436hp? Also, I need an amplifier because the audio jack is meant for headphones. I am already using the shoulder mic in conjunction with the radio, but it is really quiet.

mrosen922

We put a lot of thought and experimentation into incorporating Bluetooth, actually. In addition to increasing the size and cost of the scanner, it would have introduced a very high level of RF noise into the scanner. That last reason is also why the Wi-Fi dongle on the 536 is a dongle, and not integrated. In general, transmitters in close proximity to wide-band receivers are a poor combination.

I understand this post is like 3 years old found upon looking for something else with the 536 but I am just curious as to how Unication can make pager receivers with bluetooth technology without any RF compromise/issues at hand?. I am sure there is a way to make bluetooth a tool with Uniden Scanner within the scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I suspect that because pagers are limited to a certain band, incorporating Bluetooth isn't as problematic. Scanners deal with a lot more bands/frequency ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.