External antenna for Grundig Satellite 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
I have a reel type antenna I’d like to use for listening to shortwave with my Grundig Satellite 750. The antenna wire ends with a 3.5 mm plug. The side of my Grundig has a spot for a BNC plug labeled for shortwave . Can anyone tell me exactly what adapter I’m going to have to get to plug a 3.5 mm jack into BNC plug? I’ve seen BNC connectors that mate with many, many other connections but I have not found a BNC plug that I can directly plug a 3.5 mm jack into.

KB2GOM

I have a reel type antenna I’d like to use for listening to shortwave with my Grundig Satellite 750. The antenna wire ends with a 3.5 mm plug. The side of my Grundig has a spot for a BNC plug labeled for shortwave . Can anyone tell me exactly what adapter I’m going to have to get to plug a 3.5 mm jack into BNC plug? I’ve seen BNC connectors that mate with many, many other connections but I have not found a BNC plug that I can directly plug a 3.5 mm jack into.

Kirkman123,

I have a Satellit 800, and I found this worked for me for bringing more signal into my receiver: Jock designs a Horizontal Room Loop to cope with reception issues

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Sure you can just wrap a loop in your room, but you can do much better than that if you have some space outdoors away from the house (always best). Our wiki has lots of suggestions, and a little research will benefit you. In general the better the antenna the better the results....Mike

KB2GOM

Sure you can just wrap a loop in your room, but you can do much better than that if you have some space outdoors away from the house (always best). Our wiki has lots of suggestions, and a little research will benefit you. In general the better the antenna the better the results....Mike

I appreciate that, Mike, but I have a problem with nearby electrical lines to the south and west of the sun porch where my radio equipment is located. Getting to the east or north side would involve a long run of feed line. I could probably go with one of those amplified loop antennas on the west side, but I haven't sprung for one of those yet. The horizontal room loop is at least better than the whip antenna (which is actually fairly long) that extends from the Satellit 800.

WA8ZTZ

btw... don't be tempted to attach anything to the whip antenna, although there is back to back diode protection at the antenna input,
you are taking a chance with a damaging static discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.