External speaker no increase in volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD436HP I have bought two diffrent types of external speakers trying to increase the volume when a vehicle. The last one was a 20watt Uniden. When I plug into the jack it actually decreases the volume considerably . Any help appreciated !!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It is a headphone jack, not an external speaker jack. You need an amplified speaker to increase output volume.

Also, this exact question was asked and answered less than a week ago. Search, then post.

paulears

Worth remembering that power ratings on loudspeakers determine the maximum power they can handle, so if you plugged the radio into my 8 X 10" bass guitar cabinet, it can handle an awful lot of Watts, and takes a lot of them to even wobble the speaker cones - so a big speaker usually produces less volume - this is normal.

JamesO

Check out the Canz 808 amplified speaker.

It is a rechargeable, Bluetooth speaker with a stereo 1/8" input as well. About the size of a small tomato paste can, 6 oz??

You can get these at Walmart for around $20 as well.

My son picked one up and I traded him up and tool the Canz 808 for scanner use.

Works quite well, only issue it is fires upward if on a flat surface, but you can also easily lay it on its side as well.

808 Audio : Speakers : CANZ

JamesO

Wanted to follow up on my Canz 808. Tried it on my HP1, not good!!!

Seems to work find on most all my other scanners, but a very loud and pronounced HISS on the HP1 even with the volume turned all the way down.

Would be curious if this is problem with ALL HP1's or if there is a problem with my HP1.

Any HP1 feedback with an amplified speaker and HISS would be appreciated.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The OONTZ works fine with the 436, no hiss. I think it would probably work with the HP-1 as well.

JamesO

I have tested my Canz 808 amplified speaker on my 436HP and 325P2 and it has not hiss or problems.

Either something is different with the HP1 or my HP1 has a problem. I only have 1 HP1 so I cannot compare it. Again, the hiss is the same level regardless of the volume setting on the HP1, even with the volume fully turned down.

Looking for anyone with a HP1 they have testes with an external amplified speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.