External Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD436HP scanner. I'm looking for an external speaker that will increase the volume. I've seen some speakers that have a volume boost but I'm not sure if this works or the quality of the speaker.

Done anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Paul

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Do these have to be plugged into an outlet in order to be loud enough to hear? I had bought a (cheap I guess) speaker a while back and the volume was horrendous.

Haley

If anyone wants a great set of speakers for your computer AND scanner I can vouch for these. My wife got them for my birthday https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO

Separate sub-woofer, plenty of cord, separate volume and bass control, plus audio out, and headphone jack on the volume control speaker. The sound is excellent. By the way, the wife didn't understand the "importance" of the separate out. I did get the "eyroll" when I told her she would be able to hear the local PD all through the house, after a demo of the sound.

Mike

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I have been using the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 for many years now. It works great for computer and scanner. My Radio Shack is also a Music Lab/Radio Shack and I have a PA System I sometimes hook my scanner up to also. Can hear it all through the house when I crank it up. I also run it sometimes through my Studio Monitors via a Yamaha Mixer. Sounds great on that also.

Haley

I have been using the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 for many years now. It works great for computer and scanner. My Radio Shack is also a Music Lab/Radio Shack and I have a PA System I sometimes hook my scanner up to also. Can hear it all through the house when I crank it up. I also run it sometimes through my Studio Monitors via a Yamaha Mixer. Sounds great on that also.

Nice setup! I always liked Yamaha mixers. From years of playing in bands(drums), I still have some of my floor monitors and a mixer. At one time I told my wife I might just hook those back up, just for the radios. She failed to see the humor in that idea. It sure is nice though, with all the low end coming through. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.