Sentinel: Extra Ohio MARCS-IP Counties Added When I Add Just One

jsb1964

Premium Subscriber
Hello Group!

When I add a MARCS-IP county to my favorites list, Sentinel adds all of them and I have to delete them. I’d I don’t the scanner goes through them all. Am I doing wrong? Also, I can’t delete the other matching county 700-800 numbers.

I am trying to program Preble county in Ohio but I can’t find the folder with the frequencies in it (are these control channels?). There is a West Alexandria folder. West Alexandria is a town in Preble County.

Thank you!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello Group!

When I add a MARCS-IP county to my favorites list, Sentinel adds all of them and I have to delete them. I’d I don’t the scanner goes through them all. Am I doing wrong? Also, I can’t delete the other matching county 700-800 numbers.

I am trying to program Preble county in Ohio but I can’t find the folder with the frequencies in it (are these control channels?). There is a West Alexandria folder. West Alexandria is a town in Preble County.

Thank you!
When appending a system in Sentinel from the main database to a Favorites list, you can carefully select only the Departments you want. However, when you append one (or more) Departments from a trunked system, such as MARCS, Sentinel will also append every site in the system.

You can do one of three things:
Set the sites that you do not want to Avoid
or
Delete the sites that you do not want or need
or
Use Location control on the Favorites list. Sites outside the range you set, from your location, will not be scanned.

If you look at the MARCS system in the database, click on the County header at the top of the listing of sites. That will put them in alphabetical order (by county), helping you verify the actual site name for those located in your county. For Preble, there are three sites in the county.
1709099342669.png

Personally, I prefer to delete the extras, but some here in the forums prefer to leave them, but use location control so that they will not be scanned all the time. If you do that, and later want to use a GPS when traveling with the scanner, those sites would be enabled only when you are in range.

Note that if you are a Premium Subscriber, and use software such as ProScan or ARC536, you can selectively import only the departments and sites that you select.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I also prefer to delete the extras. I just start at the top of the list of sites, and use two hands to rapidly press the "Delete" and "Enter" keys on my computer's keyboard. It takes me about 60-75 seconds.

Of course, before doing this, I make a mental note of where the sites I want to keep are located within the list so I don't accidentally get rid of them during my "rapid fire" deletion session on the keyboard.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I also prefer to delete the extras. I just start at the top of the list of sites, and use two hands to rapidly press the "Delete" and "Enter" keys on my computer's keyboard. It takes me about 60-75 seconds.

Of course, before doing this, I make a mental note of where the sites I want to keep are located within the list so I don't accidentally get rid of them during my "rapid fire" deletion session on the keyboard.
Click and drag, then delete. Delete all in 2 seconds. Or Control A select all then right click to de-select and bang - done.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Click and drag, then delete. Delete all in 2 seconds. Or Control A select all then right click to de-select and bang - done.
Yep, first thing I tried years ago and didn't work, I'll chalk it up to operator error.

swatpup102

Hah that's funny, I do the same thing. Click and drag or holding Ctl or Shift never worked for me originally. The worst is going one too fast and starting over, did that a few times.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Hah that's funny, I do the same thing. Click and drag or holding Ctl or Shift never worked for me originally. The worst is going one too fast and starting over, did that a few times.
I'm lucky, my main site, Zanesville is dead last.
Another trick is to change the name of your wanted sites to something like AAAsite or ZZZsite and then sort. They will all be grouped either at the top or bottom. Easier to click and drag.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hello Group!

Thank you!
I see 3 sites in Preble County, in the Preble County listing it appears most is unencrypted so you should be able to listen. I recommend self-programming with the information gathered from the database and can avoid all the confusion that you"re experiencing with appending. You can create a favorite list with only the site(s) needed, use ID Scan so you're only monitoring what you want to hear for now, and can always expand later once you get the hang of it. What is your targeted listening: Police, Fire, EMS or other?

jsb1964

Premium Subscriber
I see 3 sites in Preble County, in the Preble County listing it appears most is unencrypted so you should be able to listen. I recommend self-programming with the information gathered from the database and can avoid all the confusion that you"re experiencing with appending. You can create a favorite list with only the site(s) needed, use ID Scan so you're only monitoring what you want to hear for now, and can always expand later once you get the hang of it. What is your targeted listening: Police, Fire, EMS or other?
Thanks for replying. I have copied everything (including the three Preble county sites) into a favorites list and I am not picking up anything. I've had no problems picking them up before.