Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashSWT

We've got one of the crews from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in town this week filming an episode and I'm wondering if anyone knows what frequencies they use. I'm not sure how I'd find this in the database if it is even in there since they move all over the country filming.

Thanks for any help.

FlashSWT

Thanks scannerfreak. I did search and it only returned 11 threads, all but 2 of them over a year old. The one you linked to is the only one with concrete frequency information so I thought somebody out there might have more updated information.

I'll post whatever I'm able to confirm while out there in case it is helpful to others in the future.

FlashSWT

Alright, here is what I found today, the "Toledo" channel lineup seemed to be in use:

Code:
452.9750 Ch. 1 Production Team 
465.5500 Ch. 2 Overflow 
469.5500 Ch. 3 Locations/Security 
462.1500 Ch. 4 Producers 
452.7500 Ch. 5 AD Unit 
462.3250 Ch. 6 Cameras 
       ? Ch. 7 Grips/Electric 
461.4750 Ch. 8 Design Producer 
463.7250 Ch. 9 Construction 
453.0000 Ch. 10 Overflow 
       ? Ch. 11 Make Up
       ? Ch. 12 Transportation 
       ? Ch. 13 Medic 
       ? Ch. 14 Move-In 
       ? Ch. 15 Overflow 
451.8250 Ch. 16 Overflow
All comms were low powered simplex so you need to be fairly close to the
action. Radios are leased from a California firm and were labeled “TPT Comm”.

I can confirm usage of channels 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9. Ch. 16 kept opening squelch but no sound ever came across. They were also still using the radios labeled "TPT Comm" (see attached photos). I don't know if that would help us look up frequencies in the FCC database or not, I'm not very handy with that stuff.

I didn't have much luck with Close Call but did get a hit on 451.400 with discussion about dropping off bottled water and such. Guess that could be the Transportation channel or something.

I did NOT get hits on any of the "Austin" frequencies mentioned in another thread: 464.500, 464.550 or 469.500 The show does film in two locations at once so maybe the different crews use a different channel plan?

There are other frequencies in use as well because I saw guys using their radios and couldn't hear them. I'm not sure if I'm getting sent back out there or not but if I do I'll try to confirm additional frequencies.

EDIT: Is the radio in the first photo set to channel 16 or am I seeing that wrong?

Attachments

• Makeover Radios 1.jpg
    Makeover Radios 1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 499
  • Makeover Radios 2.jpg
    Makeover Radios 2.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 491
  • Makeover Radios 3.jpg
    Makeover Radios 3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 450

FlashSWT

Ah OK. I was thinking the numbered dial rotated and the selected channel lined up with the dot on the front of the radio. I guess the numbers don't move but the knob above them does and white hash on the knob designates the selected channel.

Out of curiosity what model radios are those?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
They are Motorola CP200's.

Based on your photos, I did some research and found out TPT is a production company called The Production Truck.

Using that info I was able to find their FCC License:

WQCP627

Found this on the net about them:

TPT as we call it in production is the kind of company that you will find on every show that you work on.

William Hadley has his equipment all over Los Angeles and even as far as Miami, for this last years Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. All of the employees are friendly and they have no problem helping out productions. He's got maybe 2 trucks, 4 employees and over 15 productions that have his equipment out at once.

I love going here too, you expect to see a huge warehouse, but instead you find a house with it's garage extended and wall to wall production equipment, TV's, VCRs, fire extinguishers tons of production goods that he rents out.

If you're looking to watch a big sports game or need to impress some friends for the weekend, go here to rent your equipment, he's got everything you need to enjoy the weekend!

Also read American Idol uses them as well. Great work on the pics and info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.