HP-1: Extreme Upgrade Price Dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Surprised no one has mentioned it, as this actually happened a couple of weeks ago, but we have dropped the price of the Extreme Upgrade for the HomePatrol-1 to $49.99. I should have mentioned, sooner, but needed to update a few other pages.

JamesO

Thanks for posting this info, I am sure there are a lot of folks that would consider this option.

I know some had a lot of confusion in the past trying to update their HP-1's, hopefully you can provide a good link for the Update process/procedure as well.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
HP Upgrade & 436HP

Surprised no one has mentioned it, as this actually happened a couple of weeks ago, but we have dropped the price of the Extreme Upgrade for the HomePatrol-1 to $49.99. I should have mentioned, sooner, but needed to update a few other pages.

From what I understand, the 436HP has HP functions within the radio design. Does this apply to this model too?

JamesO

That info has been available at this link since the Extreme Upgrade was released:

HomePatrolExtreme < HomePatrol < TWiki

A quick search brings it right up.

I am glad you can use the Internet to perform a search.

My suggestion was for Paul to include the link as a courtesy to anyone that may be considering an upgrade as I know there has been some confusion in the past about how to obtain the upgrade. It is also apparent that the page you linked has been edited as late as today, so maybe the information and process has been clarified a bit?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am glad you can use the Internet to perform a search.

Thanks, I find that most folks are able to use a search engine such as Google.... it's surprisingly easy.

My suggestion was for Paul to include the link as a courtesy to anyone that may be considering an upgrade as I know there has been some confusion in the past about how to obtain the upgrade.

The link for the upgrade info is in the owners manual as well.

It is also apparent that the page you linked has been edited as late as today, so maybe the information and process has been clarified a bit?

No, it hasn't changed.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Did you read what Paul just posted above?

That's correct... The information at that link showing what features the Extreme Upgrade includes, and the process to obtain and install the upgrade has not changed.

Just the cost has been lowered.

It is also apparent that the page you linked has been edited as late as today, so maybe the information and process has been clarified a bit?

No, I just changed the price.

coolderb

I bought the Extreme Upgrade a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised at the price reduction. The upgrade process was straight forward and instant. I did it on a weekend and thought I might have to wait until the following Monday for it to take effect, but it took effect immediately.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Okay, since no one else has yet to ask.....

Do those of us who paid the $99.99 price get $50 back???

I DEMAND A REFUND!!!

:D

Yes, I'm just messing around, but you know someone is going to throw that out there and be serious about it.

:)

crash_iam

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For what i payed for the HomePatrol-1 And how crappy it works. i wouldn't pay a
dime for the upgrade.Very unhappy with the hp-1 and selling it. Yes go and delete the post
after all we don't want people to know they payed waaaaay to much for it.

rwier

....... Yes go and delete the post after all we don't want people to know they payed waaaaay to much for it.

Ouch, the Moderators were too slow. Now I know I am the world's biggest idiot. Major depression episode coming for sure, lol.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
For what i payed for the HomePatrol-1 And how crappy it works. i wouldn't pay a
dime for the upgrade.Very unhappy with the hp-1 and selling it. Yes go and delete the post
after all we don't want people to know they payed waaaaay to much for it.

Delete the post? Why would we do that?

You're entitled to your opinion and as long as you're respectful when posting, there's no reason to delete it.

I'm happy with my HP-1 and with the extreme upgrade and don't feel I paid too much for either.

scanchs

I'm happy with my HP-1 and with the extreme upgrade and don't feel I paid too much for either.

+1

I am also happy with my HP-1 with the extreme upgrade. It is still my favorite scanner even after purchasing both x36HP models. The color touch screen interface is, in my opinion, the best implementation of any scanner interface out there. I also believe the price was competitive for the feature set, but I did get in on the original $49.99 extreme upgrade pricing.

My experience with folks who don't care for the HP-1 has been that they either don't take the time or make the effort to learn how to operate it properly. Just my 2 cents worth...

ScanCHS

joeuser

The Wretched
My HP-1 is a fine rig. I don't think its my favorite. I don't care for the touch screen. Sometimes it will not respond, either its my use of force or the interface lags a bit - sometimes both. I treat all my gear very carefully & I'm afraid I'm going to press to hard... I also don't care for the systems weight, its to, lite for my tastes & restricts the whip options even in that cradle they provide. So while I have gripes they are minor & overall I'm happy with it but I don't think its better than my 436 or 996. The extreme feature are indeed worth the 100$ & now esp. at 49$. I got my whole unit with the upgrade for 300$ inc. shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.