Extremely unhappy and disatistified with Uniden tech support at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6079smithw

Having worked around shipping and receiving the scanner in a padded envelope wouldn't last long at any package company. Needs a strong box with packing, so it can't be crushed or move around during handling.

Remember your package rides on many trucks with a lot of different size shipments and weights and goes onto miles of conveyer belts. it needs to be packaged to survive all the bumps. jolts or falls during it.
I don't have a horse in this race but I have hauled many a load to/from many a loading dock at many a warehouse and must agree with
Mr. Hill: one must package an item like it was going to be drop-kicked from origin to destination because it probably will be at some
point during the journey. Loads shift, mechanical equipment fails and sadly, some package handlers just don't give a damn...

(40+ years OTR trucking/courier/delivery)

prcguy

Reading over 5 pages of rants what I get is the unit was not properly packed and a padded envelop is not a good way to ship that item. Any claims to the carrier would be from the shipping party and that looks like the OP. The shipper will most certainly deny the claim due to improper packaging for the fragile item. As most others have said, its all on the shipper or in this case the OP of this thread and why would Uniden be responsible for something broken in shipping? Why would the shipper be responsible if it was inadequately packed?

ninety7gt

Excellence advice for all. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Sarah

I don't have a horse in this race but I have hauled many a load to/from many a loading dock at many a warehouse and must agree with
Mr. Hill: one must package an item like it was going to be drop-kicked from origin to destination because it probably will be at some
point during the journey. Loads shift, mechanical equipment fails and sadly, some package handlers just don't give a damn...

(40+ years OTR trucking/courier/delivery)

scanthewaves

This will be my last say in the matter here unless a Uniden rep has something to add here I will not reply any further I have a life to live and I don’t have time for any further distractions or nonsense. I know to some of you, this comes as a relief, I say that sarcastically as you have nothing but contempt for me. My post has brought out the true colors in some of you and it’s very ugly and dark. For those with constructive criticism or any helpful suggestions I invite you to PM me all others don’t bother!

I have prepared a rather lengthy account of what transpired with Uniden and clarifications putting things into perspective and don’t think I did this for you trolls who did nothing but upset the situation, I did this to present to Uniden representatives, media consumer troubleshooters, BBB and anyone else who might defend a weary consumers rights. Something some of you just don’t understand! Rather than risk posting it here and ruffling more of your feathers it’s on google docs, https://docs.google.com/document/d/10P44DZwhnZe-yX-XwMZnLe49_G5WtsFDF_vv-WjMjac/edit anyone who is interested in knowing the whole story and understanding more where I’m coming from is invited to read and digest it, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.