EZ Scan Display issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteScR

Downloaded Whistler EZ Scan for TRX-1e. I am running it in Windows 10 via Parallels on a Mac. When I start via the shortcut the EZScan window opens but is very small and wont expand or open in full screen. I have tried changing the display settings in compatibilty but still the same. Hopefully someone will have a solution for this as I cannot programme the scanner until I can access the software properly. Thank you.

Ubbe

You can make it run fullscreen in proper Windows versions but it doesn't expand, it's just the frame that expands not the content. It's still small as the program aren't coded to allow scaling.

/Ubbe

PeteScR

Thanks for the reply Ubbe, looks like I now have a scanner that I cant programme as I only have windows via Parallels

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@PeteScR While not directly related to your OS, you might find suggestions in this older thread regarding scaling:

CFD288

Thank you N1GAW for posting the old scaling thread for ez scan......I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 7791 with recommended resolution of 1920 x 1080. Upon reinstalling ez scan for both my TRX-1 and TRX-2 I could barely read all my info....thought about getting a pair of binoculars! The link to the old thread worked like a charm....thanks again!

Scotty

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
On a true PC running windows here is the process to correct this..... right click on the executable, click on Properties, click on Compatibility, check "Override high DPI scaling behavior.", then select "System".

Ubbe

It doesn't seem to be available in Win7. I only have "inactivate scaling at high dpi".
Could the setting be dependent of the hardware graphics card?

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.