EZ Scan NXDN Quick Import support on Digital Frequency Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Howdy,

Digital Frequency Quick Import

The NXDN Quick Import near the end of that page should now work for importing NXDN as conventional channels. Just set the middle column to alpha tag on import.

Ignore what the website says about it being analog, etc.

I did not have any lead time on this release and the update.

Look forward to substantial updates to my website shortly.

Let me know if this works, if it doesn't, or what you receive, please.

Have a good evening.

Justin

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
Hi Justin
I tried to do a DMR/EZ Scan quick import search for Boone county IA on the updated page. It says "The following table includes 22 frequencies authorized for DMR operation in Boone County, IA." But no table shows up I have tried 3 different browsers and come up same thing. I have tried a couple of other counties and had no problems with table showing up. Any ideas? Just tried Hamilton County and got the same thing. Webster County works fine though.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Howdy,

Give it a try now. And I really appreciate this info. Specifics like this really help me fix things. I went to bed knowing something was up, because most searches were a frequency or two or 5 short. But being able to search the county you gave me led the way to the error. It should be good now. I rushed this release out without having enough time to properly test everything, but I wasn't on my own timeline.

Please let me know if you get it to work.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
Great job Justin!! Works great now. Thank you.
If you see my brother wave at him, he is an Aggie and lives in your town. lol

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Howdy,

Give it a try now. And I really appreciate this info. Specifics like this really help me fix things. I went to bed knowing something was up, because most searches were a frequency or two or 5 short. But being able to search the county you gave me led the way to the error. It should be good now. I rushed this release out without having enough time to properly test everything, but I wasn't on my own timeline.

Please let me know if you get it to work.

Thanks for creating this site Justin!

It greatly helped me get things going when DMR support was released and is again doing the same for NXDN systems near me!

I listen conventionally now and when I hear something good, I look at your site and get the call sign so I can see if it's a trunked system.
I'm just making a list now from the conventional reception of those things I hear that are actually trunked sites.
Once I have enough, I'll create trunked sites for my scanlists and see how well the TRX-2 does for NXDN trunking for me.
I have a decent size hospital (actually two of them) within maybe 2 or 3 miles from me. They have trunked systems that run decent power levels so will be perfect for my first NXDN based trunked sites. They sound great in conventional mode using the data from your site so they should be perfect for my first NXDN based trunked sites. One site is available as a import from RR and the other will be mostly hand entered as it is not yet listed as a trunked site in the county. Luckily some of the frequencies used for the trunked site are listed here but as conventional channels only. Using your info, I was able to get all the frequencies from the FCC site and determine what is all being used for the trunked system.

Again, thanks for providing this valuable tool for everyone to enjoy!
And for having support for more than EZ-Scan based models.

I did imports from your site for both EX-Scan based models as well as Sentinel and both worked flawlessly!

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Advanced Quick Import Search for EZ Scan

Kruser, I am really glad to hear what all you were able to accomplish. I am glad to help.

I updated the Quick Import today: Digital Frequency Quick Import

You can now additionally search by the following:

• City
  • Entity name
  • Power output
  • License effective date & frequency first use date
  • Frequency
It has a view that will particularly help with the trunked sites, I think.

You can import all three digital types from the same search now. You can also filter out mobile frequencies.

Hope this helps everyone achieve more efficient searching/scanning and that you find more stuff. I'd love to hear what you find either on this thread or via email.

Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.