EZ scan or manually entering

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

Hi, I am trying my best with this software but still don't quite understand it, there really should be a ez scan for dummies, anyway, I want to add a trunk system manually just using the scanner not the software, I own the TRX-1 I put all the frequencies in and save the system, but when I go to scan, it says nothing to scan, so I did the the ez scan software and can not enter the frequencies in the trunking tab, what am I missing, does the scan list have anything to do with trunking? how do i get the scanner to scan the trunk site?

This is my first time using this software, I am used to freescan for my unidens, but this software for the whistler is not making sense to me, can anyone help? thanks

Paul

NM9X

You will need to add a talkgroup object to the trunked system. The talkgroup can be either a wildcard or an actual TGID. Without an object set to a scanlist and that scanlist being activated, you will get the "nothing to scan" error.
In EZScan, click the "talkgroup details" tab next to the "site details" tab where you entered the frequencies.

pdeveau2010

thanks

thanks, that info helped, I am now scanning a trunked system, thanks for the info, is there any way to get my free scan files to the whistler?

NM9X

You may be able to import the free scan files into EzScan to get into the Whislter.
Go to FreeScan and export to CSV then import from CSV into EzScan?

Status
Not open for further replies.