EZ Scan Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg_nashville

How do I correct the scaling? I installed the last version and it is only occupying the top left 1/6 of the screen on my surface pro 4. I can’t remember how I fixed the problem previously and I am not finding anything via google search or forum search.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
How do I correct the scaling? I installed the last version and it is only occupying the top left 1/6 of the screen on my surface pro 4. I can’t remember how I fixed the problem previously and I am not finding anything via google search or forum search.

What is your screen resolution and set at? Have you tried reinstalling EZ Scan?
1558282381923.png

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
from a search of this forum:
I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 4 with a screen resolution of 2736 x 1824 and also have the issue of scaling/missing text. My fix was to right click on the executable, click on Properties, click on Compatibility, check "Override high DPI scaling behavior.", then select "System". This fixed the display issue for me.

wizardofid

bg_nashville,

I previously had a similar issue with Adobe Photoshop and Windows 10. I found this fix for Photoshop on the web. When I loaded EZ Scan into my computer I faced a similar issue and found that the same fix worked on EZ Scan. I have converted the instructions that I had previously used to reflect what I did to correct the "scaling" issue on my computer for EZ Scan.

(NOTE: Copy your present settings so that you will be able to rest them in the event that this fix does not work for you.)

1. Open the Whistler folder (C:>Program Files (x86)>Whistler>TRX-1)

2. Scroll down until you see TRX-1.exe (Application file)... Right Click.

3. Select Properties... and then the Compatibility tab.

4. Select: "Change Override high DPI settings".

5. From the drop down below I selected "System".

6. Then click OK.

Please post to let me (and others) know if it worked for you.

wizardofid

from a search of this forum:
I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 4 with a screen resolution of 2736 x 1824 and also have the issue of scaling/missing text. My fix was to right click on the executable, click on Properties, click on Compatibility, check "Override high DPI scaling behavior.", then select "System". This fixed the display issue for me.

Damn... I wish I had seen your reply before I typed mine out. :(

bg_nashville

Thanks Wackyracer and Wizardofid. That was the solution I was looking for. I was obviously not using the right keywords in my searches.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have the latest version? I had to do the DPI override routine some ago to correct the same problem. Shortly after that, Whistler released an updated version which fixed the trouble.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the latest version? I had to do the DPI override routine some ago to correct the same problem. Shortly after that, Whistler released an updated version which fixed the trouble.
I thought it was taken care of in around update 3.23 but seeing update 3.28 was just released I figured I put the previous fix which was not easy to find in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.