TRX-1: EZ Scan Scanlist Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougp_nyc

I am awaiting my new TRX-1 and downloaded the software (ver. 3.0) to get a head start. I've imported the library for NYC and allocated the trunk talkgroups and conventional frequencies to various scanlists. However on the Scanlist Information pages all I see listed are the trunk talkgroups and none of the conventional frequencies I allocated to the scanlists. Did I do something wrong? I verified from the conventional frequencies page that the appropriate scanlists are shown for frequencies I'm interested in.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Well that does seem quite odd. Could you create an archive file (File menu -> Save Current Configuration to Archive) and email it to me at justin@digitalfrequencysearch.com? Or at least post screenshots.

Since you haven't posted much on here, it'll take awhile for your posts to be approved.

dougp_nyc

Well, in my best Emily Literally impersonation, I'll have to reply with a Never Mind. After I closed the program and reopened it, the scanlists were properly populated. Weird though that before I dud that, they were only showing trunk data.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Doug

rwier

I am awaiting my new TRX-1 and downloaded the software (ver. 3.0) to get a head start. I've imported the library for NYC and allocated the trunk talkgroups and conventional frequencies to various scanlists. However on the Scanlist Information pages all I see listed are the trunk talkgroups and none of the conventional frequencies I allocated to the scanlists. Did I do something wrong? I verified from the conventional frequencies page that the appropriate scanlists are shown for frequencies I'm interested in.

Welcome to the Forum/s 1st Post!!!

I rarely try to mix TGs and Channels in the same Scanlist (or whatever the individual brand calls them). Assuming the EZScan for the 800 model is similar to yours, I jumped in and added some of both TGs and Channels to an unused Scanlist. I got the same result as you. The previously empty Scanlist appeared to contain only the TGs????

I did a few little experiments and I believe I found a "work around". This "work around" may be common knowledge to some, but was something I have never done before. The "work around" is as follows:

Conventional Frequencies TAB > Scanlists Column > Highlight desired Channels > Left Click in highlighted Scanlists Column area > Select desired Scanlist number > SET

Now, go to Scanlists TAB > Go to the just previously selected Scanlist (I see an EMPTY Scanlist???) > Click on New Channel (upper right) > Select Conventional > Click on Next > Click on Cancel > Go to the previously EMPTY Scanlist.

Shazam!!! Like magic, there they are. I must have never tried to mix TGs and Channels in the same Scanlist (EZScan) or I had tried and gave up. Too long ago to remember. Probably never tried.

There is probably another way to do this (maybe in the manual, lol), as the "work around" wouldn't seem to be the result of NORMAL software programming.

Last edited:

rwier

Actually, you may be able to short cut the "work around". Just go to the Scanlists that appear to NOT CONTAIN the conventional frequencies and start at:

Click on New Channel (upper right) > Select Conventional > Click on Next > Click on Cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.