EZ Scan-SD software Question........

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmurphy

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to print or copy the frequency list from this software ? I am trying to configure my BCT15 the same way as far as frequencies that are in my PSR-700.
Can it be done?

Thanks
Frank

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well the differing technologies aside (object oriented vs.DMA - they're not the same thing)...

I don't know if this would work, but if the frequencies in the EZ Scan software are in a table of some kind, you might be able to use FreeScan's EZ-Grab function. It would be a bit of copy/paste but it just might work. FreeScan is freeware, so you lose nothing to try this.

best regards..Mike

DonS

Unless you manually entered the frequencies / talkgroups, copying them from the EZ Scan-SD software almost certainly runs afoul of the software's license agreement.

(Based on the presumption that data you didn't manually enter came from the software's copy of the RR database - and copying from that database into other software would probably piss off Lindsay.)

EZ Scan-SD license agreement said:
The data contained in the GRECOM PSR-700 EZ Scan-SD Handheld Trunking scanner Library is provided by special arrangement with RadioReference and is Copyright ©2010 RadioReference.com LLC whom retains sole ownership of the database. We ask that you respect this copyright by adhering to the following guidelines:

The Library data is intended for your personal use only in conjunction with programming and using your GRECOM PSR-700 EZ Scan-SD Handheld Trunking scanner. As such RadioReference.com LLC grants the customer a non-exclusive single license to only be used with the GRECOM PSR-700 EZ Scan-SD Handheld Trunking scanner and its associated PC software. The Library shall not be copied or transferred to any 3rd party in any electronic or physical form or posted on any website.

To decompile the RadioReference database or convert it for use with another scanning receiver is expressly prohibited.

fmurphy

Premium Subscriber
Reply...........

DonS .....
Your PRESUMPTIONS about someone using software or frequencies from a website and irritating someone is best kept to yourself I would think, unless you know the person you are talking about. I have been in this hobby for years and have aquired a massive collection of resources I can pick from to program a radios. I ask a simple question about the capabilities of the software I was using, not for a response on who might be upset if I printed off a frequency list to put into another radio. I respect this site and the hard work by ALL the folks involved in the maintaining of it for people to use in this hobby we so enjoy.
Thanks again for those of you maintaining this site and making it available and all the enthusiast that keep the fires burning on this hobby.
Frank

DonS

To answer your original question, though: no, the EZ Scan-SD software does not provide any means of exporting the data you've entered.

I don't think FreeScan's EZ-Grab function will work, either. It seems to depend on the clipboard, but the EZ Scan-SD software won't put data onto the clipboard (that would be a "means of exporting", which the software does not provide).

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Is there another program out there to manipulate the info already in the EZ Scan? I want to do some massive renovation within the load already in the EZ Scan and figure with the current software it will take seven years and three months....Would love to have an interface that allows the movement of info within the program, like a WIN 500 (with restrictions on pasting outside the program, etc) so i can make numerous changes with one or two clicks instead of two thousand, three hundred and fourty-nine clicks... Would love to set scan list memberships with a simple radio button arrangement ... Like the radio, however, as I learn how to make it work for the way I scan!

mikey60

You can select mutiple objects and change them together. The typical windows selection options appear to be there (i.e. click on one object, then press the Shift key and Click on another will select those objects and all between. Holding the Ctrl key while clicking on the left column will select/deselect that particular object. Pressing Ctrl-A will select all objects...

Once selected, you can change a property of all of the selected objects by clicking on the desired column within one of the selected objects...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.