EZ Scan software not updating existing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello all. My situation is this; I recently submitted some new frequencies to the database for John F Kennedy International Airport in New York. These were summarily added to the library in update 108 for Monday, November 7th, 2011.When I went to update this to my existing file for JFK, the new entries did not show up. I did make sure I completed the option to "update existing info with new info". I did not check the box to "use alpha tags from the library" as I didn't want my alpha tags which I've spent a lot of time on getting changed. Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance, T.T.

mikey60

If they were added to the library but did not previously exist there, you would need to do an Import to get them into your scanned configuration. They would not be added automatically to that.

Mike

tampatracker

I did do the import, that's what I'm trying to say, I did the option to "to perform an update on your stored data with any new information from the new library data". Is that what you're referring to Mikey?

mikey60

Yes, but that only updates the items that are already imported... Any new channels or talkgroups are not added to your scanning configuration by that process. Go to the Library tab, and then do an Import on the new data you want (things in the library that are not in your scaning configuration).

Note that manually entered items are not updated through the option you're using. Only items that have been previously imported from the library data will be updated using that option.

Mike

tampatracker

Oh well. For some reason I was thinking that the update process would compare what was in an existing system and then if there were anything new would automatically add that. Now that I've thought it thru with your help I see how unrealistic that would be, as the software would need to be incredibly intuitive for that, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.