EZ Scan update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbachman

The server that supplies the updates is being transitioned from the old GRE America hosting to Whistler. It will likely be down for a few days.

Thanks for the update Don. I thought I was losing my mind !
Good news for us that Whistler is planning on hosting it.
We will just have to wait :)

Barry

macnelson

Has anyone found any new info about the Grecom web site. Are the updates available somewhere else?

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
Should have came here first instead of panicking. I have version 358 installed so a little behind on PRO-18 needing update. Subscribed for alert.

macnelson

Thank for the info. I bought a psr 800 on ebay. Came with no accessories. Based on the current firmware its obvious this scanner has never been updated. According to the Ezscan manual, it looks like Ezscan automatically updates from the radio ref. library no subscription needed? Is this true? Does anybody know the easiest way to reband a PSR 800. If I update the firmware and update the Ezscan library with the newer rebanded channels then reformate my sd card and load the new library it to the scanner will it scan the rebanded channels or is there more to it? I read somewhere about setting something to custom/rebanded? Is anybody out there familiar with this process? Please let me know.

DonS

The server is back up, but migration is not yet complete. DNS info might take up to 24 hours to propagate.

mrkelso

Looks like it is working just fine i am pulling the latest library update right now.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Thank for the info. I bought a psr 800 on ebay. Came with no accessories. Based on the current firmware its obvious this scanner has never been updated. According to the Ezscan manual, it looks like Ezscan automatically updates from the radio ref. library no subscription needed? Is this true? Does anybody know the easiest way to reband a PSR 800. If I update the firmware and update the Ezscan library with the newer rebanded channels then reformate my sd card and load the new library it to the scanner will it scan the rebanded channels or is there more to it? I read somewhere about setting something to custom/rebanded? Is anybody out there familiar with this process? Please let me know.

The EZ Scan software will handle the required adjustments for rebranding. Just update you library and scanlists and then upload to the SD card

DonS

For the library updates, we're basically waiting for DNS info to propagate. Some people can get the updates now, other's can't (I'm in the latter group).

Steve2003

Try restarting your router and then flush your DNS.

To flush your DNS you can do the following:
1. Open up an elevated command prompt (run as administrator)
2. Enter the following command:
Ipconfig /flushdns
(Might be a backslash instead of a forward slash, can't remember).

DonS

Try restarting your router and then flush your DNS.

To flush your DNS you can do the following:
1. Open up an elevated command prompt (run as administrator)
2. Enter the following command:
Ipconfig /flushdns
(Might be a backslash instead of a forward slash, can't remember).

That might work for some, but not all. (For example, it doesn't work for me - still get the 11002 socket error after flushing DNS, restarting router, and rebooting PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.