EZ-Scan v2.37 Invalid Certificate Error and Access Violation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ot0tot

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to update my WS1095 with EZ Scan v2.37 (build 638) [the latest version available on the Whistler website] and receive the following error:
"Web Error: There was an error retrieving version information. The certificate presented by the update site is invalid."

I know the same thing happened with the 5/22/17 release: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/update-5-22-17.353581/
Has anyone else had this issue again with the latest version? Anything I can do to fix it? I tried all of the remedies suggested in the above thread without success.

Additionally, I'm receiving an error when trying to copy the scanner configuration to/from the SD card: "Access violation at address 0090210F in module 'WS1095.exe'. Write of address 00000008." I can read/write to the card fine otherwise. Is this related, or has anyone seen this before?

ot0tot

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, not sure how I missed that. So there's clearly a problem with the certificate again. @WhistlerWendy?

I haven't found any other posts regarding the access violation/write issue. Could it be a problem with the memory card? I seem to be able to read/write from it fine otherwise.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Whistler now knows the problem. They are working on a certificate fix at present. I contacted them, and they told me to be patient, they are fixing the problem. This was 20 minutes ago.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys - yes, we updated our certificate yesterday and it caused an issue. We are working on it now. I do not have an ETA at this time but I will update as soon as I do.

Thanks for your patience!

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
As I mentioned above, we renewed our certificate yesterday and there were issues with the validation. At this time, we have a temporary solution. You will need to download the latest EZ Scan installer from our website directly.

TRX-1 - version 3.29.0.642
TRX-2 - version 3.29.0.642
WS1080/88 - version 2.39.0.642
WS1095/98 - version 2.39.0.642

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: Looks like everything is working correctly now.

Update working correctly, new version of app available

Version 3.29 - May 22, 2019

• Fixed a bug in the Talkgroups section that would not allow setting the LED color values.
  • Fixed an issue with validation of the new web server SSL certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.