EZSCAN ISCAN Trunking P25 HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I just can't seem to get the hang of how to do this manually and get it to work. I need someone to please walk me thru the basic steps and help identify why I'm having so much trouble doing this.

What I'm trying to do is simply program the local police that patrol in my neighborhood and area, into my scanner on it's own playlist and maybe on it's on v-scanner folder. I have the RS PRO-668 but I'm posting here because I think there is more support from the Whistler guys and I think it's about the same software anyway?

Ok so first thing I do is:
1. Create new configuration. CDAT_VS.003 which shows empty.
2. Set banplane
3. Library Import
4. Select import type, preferred
5. Select State, Texas
6. Select County, Harris
7. Select Systems, Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25)
8. Select Sites and this is where I start to get confused, all of the sites are checked, and there are atleast 100. I assume these sites are radio towers? I look for the one closest to me and I check it and uncheck the other 99 sites. Number 1-005 Name "Humble" Harris County
9. Hit Back then Talkgroups
10. All Talkgroups are checked so I uncheck all and find the one I want.
11. Check Harris County Constables
12. All Precincts are checked but I only want Precinct 4 so I manually uncheck all of them except Precinct 4, So that leaves 6 TGID's checked.
13. Import Channels to Playlist 001.
14. Now I look at Trunked Radio Systems tab
15. Highlight the Trunked Radio System that I just imported
16. Then under theTrunked System Information I highlight the site which is Humble (Harris County)
17. Site Details shows the frequencies and again I get confused here because the frequencies were automatically put in order just as they are shown in the radioreference.com under "System Frequency" list for Site "Humble" Harris County. It put in 5 Frequencies and the control channel frequency is not at the top of the list. Should I change the LNC order or just leave it as is, Should I just put in the Control Channel frequency only at the top of the LNC order and delete the others?
18. When I look at Talk Group Details it shows the 6 HCC04 TGID'S and I see there is an option to add a wildcard, should I add wildcard?
19. Ok so now I go back to general tab, name playlist to something like Const4 p25 or whatever, make sure it is enabled. Now I'm done. and have nicro sd card in card reader of computer.
20. Copy configuration to scanner memory card. Proceed with copy, Available drive, PRO-668 "f" continue, I've got three v-folder and the default CDAT folder. I'll copy all folders, file copy complete. I then install the sd card in my scanner and can select the v-scanner folder that I just created and try to play or scan and It never picks up anything, almost like it's not even working.
Where am I going wrong. Sure appreciate an education on this, I'm sort of beginning to understand but I know I'm still doing things wrong, obviously.

I'm also confused on how to determine which SITE/Radio Tower my local Harris County Constable Precinct 4 uses because if you don't have this information, how can you be sure the Control Channel Frequency is even correct.

Last edited:

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Not really the same one I have been trying to program but I've been wanting to do that one as well. That is the Humble PD or The City of Humble, Texas Police Department. I'm trying to program Harris County Texas Constables Precinct 4 since they patrol my general neighborhood and surrounding area.

rwier

Posting your questions to the Texas State Forum might give you better results. My guess is the problem is related to the Site selection. Whenever I want to monitor a small portion of a very large system, I import the entire system, rename the system, and after determining which TG/s and Site/s are best for my desires, remove the undesirables. Picking a single BEST Site from 100 possibles is no easy task. Also, I noticed some warnings on re-banding (RR DB).

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
For Humble PD/FD use site 03-01 (Houston Public Safety Northeast Simulcast).

For Harris County Pct 4 use site 01-14 (Harris County Northeast Simulcast).

You also might want to think about joining the HoustonScan Yahoo Group.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
For Humble PD/FD use site 03-01 (Houston Public Safety Northeast Simulcast).

For Harris County Pct 4 use site 01-14 (Harris County Northeast Simulcast).

You also might want to think about joining the HoustonScan Yahoo Group.

I just tried Harris County Pct 4 with the 01-14 (Harris County Northeast Simulcast) and that did the trick, this thing is talking up a storm now...big time. I did add a wildcard. At times some of the communication will be garbled but not much. I'm sure there are adjustments for this that I need to learn about, maybe att but for the most part it's GREAT!! I also joined the Houston radio yahoo group. Appreciate the help. I need to learn how you figured out which site to use for what. With P25 trunking it doesn't seem to matter if the control channel frequency is first or not. I sure have a lot to learn. Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.