F 150 Install...Limited Space..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Here's my RS 2025 in My F 150..It's limited on space and I wanted it as hidden as I could get it, Lots of theives around here... LOL

Enjoy!

Last edited:

af5rn

Cool. Funny how you can put a 16 inch antenna on a full-size pick-up and still get it into the garage okay, but people come here everyday saying they can't put an antenna on the roof their compact rice burner because it won't fit into the garage.

btritch

af5rn said:
Cool. Funny how you can put a 16 inch antenna on a full-size pick-up and still get it into the garage okay, but people come here everyday saying they can't put an antenna on the roof their compact rice burner because it won't fit into the garage.

Good One! NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT, That's only a 10 foot door too! I don't have a lick of trouble with the truck it clears it, The van now taps it when it pulls in and out but the truck nada problem one, that is funny, Never thought abouit it that way! and Thanks!

kc8qch

Great install. I have the same model year 150. I'm having a hard time telling in the pics, but did you mount the scanner above/below/in the lower pocket in the dash? Thanks.

Jeff

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What model year is that F-150? I thought these newer F-150's had the shifter on the floor and a floor console. Are they available with either a floor or column shifter?

af5rn

I can't believe you call this a "limited space" installation. Look at your own photos! WTF are you used to driving? Have you looked at the other topics in this forum? Most of us are stuck in mid-sized cars with centre consoles and shifters, leaving us zero room. You've got tonnes of room there! :lol:

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Man I hate to go there too but LIMITED SPACE ??????????????

Nice job on the install - looks good.

btritch

Well...Somewhat..

It is limited space compared to my van because I have to leave room for three people, However, It's lots of space compared to my cavalier I had before it.. and it's a 2007 model, All of them I saw were shifters on the column not in the floor..I guess they could be either, Maybe the 4X4's are in the floor but mine is not....So as far as limited space goes, Its not really limited space I don't guess...It is when you're cramming three people in though, But sorry for the mis interpretation on that guys...my bad...

Oh, And it's mounted BELOW the bottom cubby.. It was too big to fit inside it and too small if you take it out...

MFR230

Nice pics, Im picking up a new 2008 F150 with the shifter on the console. Has anyone done a scanner install on an 08 yet and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.