F-16 crash at Nellis AFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
An Air Force F-16 jet has crashed at Nellis Air Force Base outside of Las Vegas
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/0...rce-base-outside-las-vegas-officials-say.html

A F-16 assigned to Nellis Air Force Base crashed on Wednesday morning.
The plane crashed around 10:30 a.m. during routine training on the Nevada Test and Training Range. The condition of pilot is unknown at this time.
https://www.ktnv.com/news/f-16-assigned-to-nellis-air-force-base-crashes-during-training
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/nellis-air-force-base-jet-crashes-at-testing-range/1101846113

Last edited:

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
There's chatter on the Thunderbird Ops freq 235.5250 and they handed out 283.525 for Fire Control which is Creech SFA..

Im hearing it was a mid-air between 2 Thunderbirds, one made it back, the other didnt. Status of the pilot from the plane that went down is unknown.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I thought the F-16 were only in ANG now. Prayers for the pilot either way.

We used to have a lot of F16's flying around Selfridge in Harrison Township, Michigan. But they pulled them all several years ago.

Selfridge Air National Guard Base (ANGB) is located near Mount Clemens, Michigan. The host unit is the 127th Wing of the Michigan Air National Guard. The Wing conducts refueling and fighter operations using the KC-135 Stratotankers and the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Additionally it supports the 107th Weather Flight.

EMTJD

It was a collision with another T-Bird plane. The other plane was able to land safely. Pilot was from near my town.

checksixx

Those 16s were early Block models, which is why they were retired.

Sent using Tapatalk

Negative. They had Block 30's, when in 2009, they lost them as they were 'realigned' under BRAC to the A-10. Further, the -16's were transferred to other guard units...not retired.

cheers.

Para078

Premium Subscriber
I heard the deal was the Thunderbirds could use them but they were to be easily reconfigured if they were needed.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Negative. They had Block 30's, when in 2009, they lost them as they were 'realigned' under BRAC to the A-10. Further, the -16's were transferred to other guard units...not retired.

cheers.
Wrong. I was working on the base when the transition happened, so I watched it all go down.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.