F.I.N.D. unit frequency douglas county ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailech

Premium Subscriber
does any one know the frequency of the F.I.N.D. units that patrol interstate 20 in Doulasville and douglas county ga. ?

Last edited:

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I'll bet that B98.5% of the time they are on Nextel, either that or car-car on a simplex. I would monitor the DCSO channel and listen for an ID that stands out. They may also be working off of the Cobb DTRS.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I'll bet that B98.5% of the time they are on Nextel, either that or car-car on a simplex. I would monitor the DCSO channel and listen for an ID that stands out. They may also be working off of the Cobb DTRS.

when I saw a FIND car, the deputy from DCSO was holding an APX6000, so my guess is they've got some of Carroll county's WARRS portables- I'm not in range of that system, but this is another possibility.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
The F.I.N.D. units are shared between DPD and DCSO. They have both radio systems installed in the vehicles. They don't have any other special radio freq. they use. Depending on where they are at the time will determine who they talk to. City limits vs county. I heard a new guy say the other day "now what channel do i put this Douglasville radio on"? When you hear the dispatcher say "F" in front of the badge number, that's the F.I.N.D. unit. Other then that you can't really tell who they are while scanning.

Here is some other information regarding the F.I.N.D. units. http://www.sheriff.douglas.ga.us/find.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.