F.R.C.C Morgan County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Good question though, since Morgan County is surrounded my Weld and Adams on 3 sides. I wonder if Morgan considered it.

dw2872

That proposed contract with Motorola that was mentioned in the article was denied by the commissioners during the December meeting mentioned in the article.

Last edited:

dw2872

Only later on January 21, 2014 they voted for a new contract so they could use grant money that would pay (only for the new tower equipment, not consoles).

The grant is for a three phase project for emergency radio equipment on the Digital Trunk Radio System.

The first phase will replace loss of radio coverage in the southwest corner of Morgan County in the Hoyt, CO area with Adams County and Weld County migrating on to their own radio system. The radio equipment will be put on the existing tower which will help boost coverage for emergency responders.

The second phase is to upgrade equipment on a tower located in the Pawnee area.

The third phase is to replace the dispatch consoles which are part of the mandated upgrades on DTRS.

Once the contract is signed, the next phase will be to get the service agreements signed with Motorola, then the purchasing of equipment can begin with an estimated completion date geared toward April 2014.

Last edited:

dw2872

The bottom line though, is they were almost forced to stay and upgrade on DTRS because that is what their grant would pay for, not for FRCC.

dw2872

I didn't know Boulder County was on FRCC. At least that is one of the three counties that it lists besides Weld and Adams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jfab

Boulder County is not on FRCC. In fact, we are having major issues communicating with agencies that are on FRCC, and we're begging the powers that be too come up with a solution.

We ran a call not too long ago where the staging area manager had three different handheld radios he was trying to juggle (Boulder County vhf, DTRS for Longmont, and FRCC for mountain view)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

kjk681

Premium Subscriber
Boulder County is not on FRCC. In fact, we are having major issues communicating with agencies that are on FRCC, and we're begging the powers that be too come up with a solution.

We ran a call not too long ago where the staging area manager had three different handheld radios he was trying to juggle (Boulder County vhf, DTRS for Longmont, and FRCC for mountain view)

Sounds like a training problem to me. This is what BlueNW and RedNW are for. These are available to VHF, DTRS and FRCC users.

jfab

Red NW is our go to channel for talking with DTRS agencies, however there is not currently a red NW patch from vhf into FRCC

kjk681

Premium Subscriber
FRCC users still have Interop bank that is on DTRS with all of these talk groups. Once DTRS upgrades, there will be an ISSI connection between these systems.

kjk681

Premium Subscriber
ISSI is a digital gateway between P25 radio system. It allows you to map talkgroups between different systems and it will pass all radio ID information.

dw2872

I didn't think think Boulder was in FRCC either but I guess they are just trying to confuse us when RadioReference lists Boulder in the three counties FRCC covers.

It is ironic that they are listed under FRCC but are having trouble even communicating with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I didn't think think Boulder was in FRCC either but I guess they are just trying to confuse us when RadioReference lists Boulder in the three counties FRCC covers.

I'm guessing RR admins included Boulder County because Mountain View FD has Boulder County TG's on FRCC. So far I've heard Talk Group's 1 (9113) and 3 (9540) on FRCC. I was thinking about submitting a request to remove Boulder County from the listed of "included" Counties, is that a good idea? I suspect that very few Boulder County TG's will appear on FRCC any time soon.

On a related note, does anyone know if Mountain View's "Boulder County" TG's are still on DTRS at all? If so, do they have "patches" between FRCC and DTRS for these TG's?

rfburns

Morgan Co Fire currently going on a fire in Adams Co and using MAC 7 for comms with Byers.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
From what I was told, the MAC's are available on FRCC and the FRCC will also have its own intracounty "MAC's" known at "MAT's". Things could have changed since I was given that information, but that was in the pipeline at one point.

Yes, there may be some training issues, but the larger issues is that many municipalities are not playing nice in the sandbox.

Politics aside, there are WAY too many independent trunked systems next to each other wasting taxpayers money when the same money could have been spend on expanding and maintaining DTRS. I know there is a distrust in general between state/county/local governments, but looking at the big picture, there shouldn't be so much wasted money in essentially duplicated infrastructure.

There is no reason that I should have to come on scene to an incident needing many radios at an incident, other than what I really needed. My current command vehicle has five radios in it. I should only need two at the most.

/rant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.