F.R.C.C Morgan County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtfinder

From what I was told, the MAC's are available on FRCC and the FRCC will also have its own intracounty "MAC's" known at "MAT's". Things could have changed since I was given that information, but that was in the pipeline at one point.

We are able to use the MAC tg's but they can just NOT be patched into out FG tg's ... At the first switch over we were having trouble with using MAC tg's but it has gotten better ..

The MAT tg's are as follows

420 - NMAT 1
421 - NMAT 2
422 - NMAT 3
423 - NMAT 4
424 - SMAT 1
425 - SMAT 2
426 - SMAT 3
427 - SMAT 4

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Added...and categorized between DTRS and FRCC mutual aid talkgroups for easier identification

dirtfinder

So, are they using audio patches to get the Statewide MAC channels between FRCC and DTRS?

I am sure they are going to be able to in the future but right now I am thinking we are just picking up a DTRS tower and able to use MAC's ... If we go up to the state line South of Kimbal on Hwy 71 we are lucky to even talk on the FRCC but are able to talk on the DTRS due to the Petezz tower

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I am sure they are going to be able to in the future but right now I am thinking we are just picking up a DTRS tower and able to use MAC's ... If we go up to the state line South of Kimbal on Hwy 71 we are lucky to even talk on the FRCC but are able to talk on the DTRS due to the Petezz tower

So, do you have a single radio with two system keys, which can access DTRS and FRCC??

PJH

Premium Subscriber
All current radios between the different vendors can have multiple systems programmed into the radio.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
In the last few minutes Federal Heights FD was dispatched to a Structure Fire at a Safeway store; Westy, N. Metro and Thornton Fire Units are providing assistance, and primary comms are on Red NW. (The fire was fairly small and is now extinguished). How do Federal Heights Fire Units talk on Red NW? In reference to my earlier question, do they all have separate DTRS radios to use Red NW, or...?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
FRCC and DTRS are apparently connected to use those established statewide/regional talkgroups.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
FRCC and DTRS are apparently connected to use those established statewide/regional talkgroups.

No they are not, none of the Network First Talkgroups (Statewide MAC 1-21, Red & Blue NW/SW/NE/SE) are active on FRCC. Maybe FRCC users are simply switching to DTRS within the same Radio to use a NWF Talkgroup.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I've been told by a very reliable person involved with the frcc rollout that macs are indeed available

PJH

Premium Subscriber
You will only see it if someone affiliates to that channel. It can be very well that the radio is programmed to dtrs for those talk groups until any final interconnections are tested or the updated code plugs are rolled out.

I had to do radios in three phases for a roll out due to unexpected hiccups in the past. Nothing new in the radio world

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
You will only see it if someone affiliates to that channel. It can be very well that the radio is programmed to dtrs for those talk groups until any final interconnections are tested or the updated code plugs are rolled out.

I had to do radios in three phases for a roll out due to unexpected hiccups in the past. Nothing new in the radio world

I think the holdup relates solely to ISSI, which won't become active until they push out console upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.