F15 California Flyover Wednesday May 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
A flight of 4 F15 jets out of CA ANG Fresno will tour the state in a salute to health care workers. You may hear activity on these air-air freqs that they use:
225.3, 226.225, 240.175, and 256.25. They will roll north out of FAT, head to SAC, then the Bay Area, MRY before heading to SoCal. Here is a link to the schedule-

Markb

Premium Subscriber
It's been canceled. Looks like the T-Birds will be here Friday instead.

UPDATE: SoCal leg canceled only. NorCal is still a go.......

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
OK thanks for the update. Here is what I found:
10 a.m.: Takeoff from Fresno

10:05 a.m.: Reedley/Selma

10:11 a.m.: Madera

10:16 a.m.: Merced

10:31 a.m.: Sacramento

10:43: Richmond/Oakland

10:56 a.m.: San Jose

11:04 a.m.: Monterey

11:36 a.m.: Santa Barbara

11:48 a.m.: Bakersfield

12:03 p.m.: Fresno/Clovis

bhesson

Premium Subscriber
They go to Bakersfield omg I think it is because they hate us for taking their water....

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
The SoCal portion was truncated to allow the Thunderbirds to fly over LA and San Diego on Friday

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
We don't need your stinky SoCal germs getting on our planes during a low fly by. :p

Joking aside, I am fortunate that I get to enjoy watching their frequent really low training over the Fresno airport tarmac and hard G vertical pull while sitting at my desk. I must say as a mil-air listener, being told the new office site as well as my personal office will have a front row seat, well...it's been really fun the last seven years.
What? Are we like chopped liver down here in SoCali?

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Last Saturday Beale AFB had a T-38 4-jet formation fly from Oroville to Vacaville and Sac area. This Friday the 15th they will be flying a northern circuit up to Redding and working down from there through Chico, Auburn, Placerville, Nevada City etc. Info here 9th RW Salute to Northern California with flyover May 15

Not sure what A-A they'd be on, but I'd expect the ROPER or SLATE callsign on at least ZOA UHF low 350.3 for Redding/Red Bluff/Chico.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Fresno ANG is using 225.300 MHz for general A-A chatter while they take pictures of each other during flight and coordinate maneuvers etc. It will be interesting get an idea how well my system at home will be able to monitor based on their distance and altitude.

Paysonscanner

Oh, the old north south California battle. For 40 years my late Hubby and I lived in a Sierra Nevada foothill county. He grew up in L.A. and wanted out of that megalopolis and didn't want to live anywhere urban. We didn't know which side to take, so we didn't. There are wonderful people from all over California and we enjoyed living in an area where they came for much needed vacations.

Status
Not open for further replies.