F18 Fly Over Texas/OSU Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Six F18s are supposed to perform three practice flyovers of the stadium today after 3PM for tomorrow's Texas/OSU game. That's gotta be awesome to see. Where would you listen for that activity?

Russell

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Make that 225 - 395 MHz. There are many freqs used by Navy Oceana in the upper 300's - including several FA-18 squadrons. Also, nearby Langley AFB and Navy Norfolk use freqs up in those ranges.

Russell, your crews may be out of NAS Dallas.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, they are indeed from JRB Carswell. -Russell

P.S. I know Mil Air (every one's a comedian :) ) -- I was hoping someone from with more knowledge could be more specific.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Russell said:
Yes, they are indeed from JRB Carswell. -Russell

P.S. I know Mil Air (every one's a comedian :) ) -- I was hoping someone from with more knowledge could be more specific.
Russell,
One of the more active members on the ScanDFW Yahoo group has an extensive *.xls file of frequencies, including a number of mil-air listings for this region, especially groups out of the JRB.

Also, check Ben Saladino's page for a frequency list.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
fmon said:
Make that 225 - 395 MHz. There are many freqs used by Navy Oceana in the upper 300's - including several FA-18 squadrons. Also, nearby Langley AFB and Navy Norfolk use freqs up in those ranges.

Russell, your crews may be out of NAS Dallas.

I knew it was somewhere in that range!

Status
Not open for further replies.