• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F50V False 2tone activations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
Howdie all,
Hoping that you can help me out here. We just bought a couple of the F50V since our Min5 is no longer available from our dealer. We have the programming cable and software and set about copying over our tones from the Min5 software to the Icom software. All of the radios should be running the 3.11MM firmware.

Here is the problem. Our 'Rescue' 2tone is pretty close to another town's 2tone (one guy claims it is hitting on a second town's as well). Having recorded the tone set that causes the false activation I can say that they are really close. We use 862.5/952.5 for our rescue tone, the next town over uses 847.5/937.5 for their tones (I think based on the codes in the Min5 software, and looking at the recording in frequency plots). The question is how 'loose' is the F50V about its tone codes? Could those tone sets be close enough for the F50V to not tell the difference?

In the programing software help file it says that "The nearest available frequency is selected automatically." when setting the 2tone frequencies. What are those frequencies it mentions? I cant find a table anywhere that says what code set it follows. Any thoughts you have on what could be doing this would be appreciated. If it isn't able to do things closely then I will have to play around and see if I can set our frequency wrong but still have it activate. I will update this if I find out any more from the guys that have them.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Not sure on how strict it is but I had this type of problem before.
Check in your "2 Tone RX Code Setting" section.
Make sure your "Group(Sec)" is not set below 5.000 (5 seconds)
For some reason when I get them from Icom it's set to 3.000 (3 seconds) and most 2nd tones are 3 seconds long.
This will make any tone in "2nd" to trip it.

That is the only problem I have ever had with them.

Let me know if that works.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
Check in your "2 Tone RX Code Setting" section.
Make sure your "Group(Sec)" is not set below 5.000 (5 seconds)

Let me know if that works.
Huh. Never thought to look there. Sorry for the radio silence. I finally got my hands on one of them for a bit and I am going to play around with it.

I have tried to capture the paging test at the same time as the Icom is sitting there but today it didn't go off on the 3rd toneset that is causing issues. Just ours and the false rescue page. Thanks for the idea. I will let you know if I find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.