• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F521 DTMF microphone compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

macrr

I'd like to use a DTMF microphone for phone patch and echolink on the local ham repeaters using my F521, but prices for the MH-133 and HM-118TN are much lower than the ICOM recommended HM-100TN (about $45 more). Are there other mics compatible with the F521, or do I really need the HM-100TN? Thanks.

macrr

I found G4WPW's great site with lots of microphone and ICOM specific information, but I'm still having some trouble seeing what will and will not work!

ICOM LAND MOBILE(8 Pin Modular Plug ) SEE SM-25 SM-100/T MICROPHONES BELOW.
F320-F420-F1020-F2020-F121-F221-F521-F620-F621/TR-F1721D-F182D-F272D
F282D-FR3000-FR4000-FR5000-FR5100-FR6100.

PIN1 + 8 VOLTS
PIN2 UP/DOWN.
PIN3 AF OUTPUT.
PIN4 PTT.
PIN5 MIC GROUND.
PIN6 MIC AUDIO.
PIN7 GROUND/EARTH.
PIN8 SQUELCH ( SOME MODELS )

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Need mike that is compatible for 2340H

This radio is my first dual bander that I purchased when it first came out years ago, 1985-86 time frame. I need a replacement mike. Does the HM118 TN fit that mold???? I have been looking for a long time. The mike I have works kinda. The down button on the top works and the PTT and that it!!!!

John

WA4MJF

I have a mix of ham and commercial ICOMs. Many moons ago I called them and the info was that ALL ICOM mics are wired the same. That is all 4 pins fit all 4 pins, all 8 pins fit all 8 pins and all RJ-45s fit all RJ-45s. I've been mixing and matching for a long time with no problem. I like the commercial mikes as they are heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.