• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F80T Programming Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMC1096

I recently received an F80T, got the USB cable, and the programming software. The software is by ICOM. CS-F70/F1700. When trying to program the radio and connect to it. I continue to get error messages. It reads with errors about comm ports (ive tried all of them) and that it cannot connect.

Also, how am I able to program through the keypad on the radio body? I read somewhere about holding down the side button and P0. When turned on the radio goes into dealer mode. From there I type in the code 159357. From there it goes to SETMODE. How do I get past that.

Thanks
Andrew

RBMTS

My suggestion would be to pull down the user manual from the Icom website. It does not appear that the radio is keyboard programmable for frequency input. Rather it appears you can modify some of the basic user settings. From what I see, you push and hold P1 & P2 together while you turn the radio on. Then push and hold P0 to enter the user settings. From there you can cycle the various user settings using the P0 key. The user manual is easily downloaded from the main ICOM website in case you don't have a copy.

Regarding the errors with the USB cable, my guess is that you don't have the proper drivers for the USB chipset being used. If you have the programming disk then the USB drivers should be on that disk. They may not be getting loaded when you installed the software so you might have to manually load them. Another thought is to make sure that you run the program as an "administrator". Finally, make sure you are running the proper OS system. Their software may not have all the proper drivers for Win8.

Hopefully these suggestions help you.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
USB cable problem

The version of Windows makes a big difference. If the cable has a prolific chip, it must be the newer chip for Win 8 and there is a driver that works with Win 8 but is not not usually included with many cables. You can download that driver separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.