FAA: Overshot Flight Was On Canadian Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
asleep at the wheel(reality)

with apologies , I'm just tired of the story I find it hard to accept a pilot would fly 1 hour and 18 minutes with out radio contact they can change freqs the same as ground control can.

Not to mention they have there Pilots union backing them and there what forth different excuse now......
Move on get a job at Mcdonalds and stay awake..............

QUOTE=rdale;1212663]If you're going to accuse the FAA & Canadian ATC of lying - I hope you've got something better than "liberal media bias" as your backgrounder...[/QUOTE]

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Charles,
Thanks for helping to keep it scanner relevant I see Paunch and John from CHIPS on the TV GUIDE cover!!
How old must that be ,do they even make TV GUIDE anymore?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
It's a bunch of crap. You can not possibly over shoot an airport without both FMC's going out and/or not paying attention to the ND. To put it quit simply, the dots don't add up... Or waypoints in this case.

What was the flight plan? To go to JFK? :lol:

I don't understand it. Makes no sense, and should not have happened. Was LNAV disconnected? :

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Something just doesn't add up with this whole situation. There is definitely a lot more to the whole situation than we are being told. If they were using there laptops and discussing crew scheduling wouldn't one of them have figured out at some point that they should have been getting ready to land.

dwh367

Don't most planes also monitor the guard channel? I thought I had read one time that ATCs will sometimes use guard to contact a plane that they've lost communications with and direct them back to the correct frequency.

dwlyons

Most aircraft have multi VHF radio's. Most crews will program the current ATC freq in one and the next ATC switch in the second and/or their terminal office freq.

All ATC facilities monitor guard channels, but it isn't required of aircraft (I don't think).

What it boils down to is a simple question, "Would you ever want these two individuals as members of a flight crew to which you are a passenger?" I don't care what BS story these two, their attorney's, or their union “brothers” concoct. So far as most intelligent individuals if given the choice would not ever fly with a pilot of their incompetence.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Most aircraft have multi VHF radio's. Most crews will program the current ATC freq in one and the next ATC switch in the second and/or their terminal office freq.

All ATC facilities monitor guard channels, but it isn't required of aircraft (I don't think).

What it boils down to is a simple question, "Would you ever want these two individuals as members of a flight crew to which you are a passenger?" I don't care what BS story these two, their attorney's, or their union “brothers” concoct. So far as most intelligent individuals if given the choice would not ever fly with a pilot of their incompetence.

I sure wouldn't want to be on a flight and have they 2 guys flying the plane. The FAA made the right moved by pulling the licenses for these 2 guys. I wonder if the company tried to get in contact with them on one of their frequencies?

rmiller818

I sure wouldn't want to be on a flight and have they 2 guys flying the plane. The FAA made the right moved by pulling the licenses for these 2 guys. I wonder if the company tried to get in contact with them on one of their frequencies?

As I recall from the transcripts, the controllers contacted the company and they sent them ACARS messages I believe.

SCPD

QRT
All you armchair pilots are so wrong about this.

I have it from an realiable source from a friend of a friend of a cousin who is related to an Air Force ROTC member enrolled at CUNY, who heard it from his girlfriend who heard it from her father who has a friend that waxes floors in the Pentagon that the story in the media is incorrect and a complete fabrication.

Here's the *REAL* story...

While in flight, the plane was caught in a UFO tractor beam, and transported off course while they (the aliens) were performing the abduction of passengers, five at a time, and performing alien experiments on them. Of course this all happened in a time warp, so the exact time that the plane was not in contact was 1 hour and 18 minutes. The all knowing government however, knew of this and planted a cover story about the pilots looking at their laptops, out of fear of scaring the bejesus out of the US population.

A similar incident happened this week in Norway, perhaps you've heard about it. The swirl in the sky that was purported to be a Russian missle experiment gone awry. This is simply not true, as another aircraft abducted in mid-flight, and unfortunately all on-board were killed due to a 10 yr old Finnish hacker who had hacked into the alien crafts computer systems. The hacking caused an apparent malfunction in the alien space craft and destroyed it and the airliner. None of this has been reported in mainstream media however, for fear of upsetting the entire world population, and ruining the Christmas spirit.

The same thing sort of happened with the missing Nixon tapes, that 18 minute gap in the tapes was due to aliens again, beaming Nixon and others out of the Oval Office in the name of alien science.

Last edited:

n5ims

At least this story sounds more likely than others told about why they were on a canadian ATC frequency.

"The first controllers the pilots spoke to after becoming aware of their situation turned out to be in Winnipeg, Canada. They had failed to switch their radio frequency from one used by controllers in Denver to one used by Minneapolis controllers. They were still using the Denver frequency — which is the same as the Winnipeg frequency — when they tried to reach air traffic control."

Link to full story --> Flight attendant caught wayward pilots unaware | wfaa.com | News

Status
Not open for further replies.