FAA Recordings on 09/11/01

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
This has probably been asked a thousand times, so please foregive me.

Did anyone record any of the activity that day or know where there is a site that has something besides the NORAD tapes? Especially the announcement from the FAA that the airspace over the USA was closed and all planes must land???

Thanks.

Mike

pathalogical

There are recordings available, just Google various wordings like "9/11 audio" or "9/11 tapes" etc... Most of the ones I've heard are FDNY comms responding the call. IIRC, there may be some of fighter pilots being given instructions.

WouffHong

911-Norad

Go to http://a2g.net and hit the links to the Recordings of MilAir at the bottom..

BTW: If anyone has more Mil-Air recordngs of interest, let me know and will add yours to the collection..

Tom

This has probably been asked a thousand times, so please foregive me.

Did anyone record any of the activity that day or know where there is a site that has something besides the NORAD tapes? Especially the announcement from the FAA that the airspace over the USA was closed and all planes must land???

Thanks.

Mike

zguy1243

Come on guys, Out of the thousands of scanner owners on this forum there has to be another person with some 9-11 aircraft audio. Hook us up....

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
THAT'S what I was looking for! Thanks "TheUrge" - I was just wondering how the announcement came over the radios. And I agree, there's hardly any recordings of radio traffic for that fateful day.

The USA seems to have forgotten already what happened that horrible day 8-(

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
I sorta wish I wouldn't have gone to YouTube.. Reading some of the comments there on this video and others on the subject just make me sick in my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.