Facebook NC VIPER Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Let me just answer your question with a question... What is the point of this page?

It's for people that WANT to join it I guess. Join it or don't. I'm not interested in having a debate with people that don't want to participate yet want to expres their dissaproval, for whatever unknown reason.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Was only seeking clarification, not attitude. I only ask because you didn't really clarify it's use. Is it an official news source for VIPER? Is it an unofficial hobby group? All I saw earlier is an unrelated post on ham antennas and the same post asking about 2 TGs that is already on RR (and answered). Seems a bit redundant in my opinion but since it's not up for debate then carry on with your ground breaking idea.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Not trying to be "that guy" but the group picture is of a NEXEDGE radio.
Pretty sure the SHP does not allow the use NEXEDGE radios on the system.
Might wanna update that pic.
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
The talkgroups were not in the database until I asked who they were, and then they were added to DB. You can look right now and it shows the data was just updated. Also, The person that provided the TG info was graciously thanked in the thread for providing it.

The posts about the talkgrorups gave full credit to the people here, ie tagging radioreference. Nobody is trying to somehow undermine radioreference.

---
""VIPER is managed by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol and has numerous agencies participating in this system. "

This groups is for fun and educational purpose and is NOT a substitute for an official source for VIPER information. "

---

"This group is for sharing information about the NC VIPER System, methods of monitoring it, antenna designs, talkgroup information, and other related information. "

---

How is a homemade antenna off subject? That post went so far as to link to an antenna calculator, give measurements for 850 Mhz, said it didn't have to be a dipole config, that the image was for 10m.

Re it being an unoriginal idea... If there had been one, I don't guess it would have been created and I don't see any others, and if I find them I'll probably join them too because its always good to watch multiple sources for information.

Sorry for the lenght reply but I think that addresses all the points and I don't mean to come off with immediate attitude generally as you suggest but it sounded like a loaded question that required little reply, so I tend to be short when I sense someone is likely playing games. I've seen it a thousand times where someone posts a group link and immediately people start trashing it for any reason they can make up and then some. Its a link. I'm just saying, join it if you are on FB and want to, and don't if not. No offense meant if it was not your intention to be problematic. I'm not trying to create any arguments over a facebook page. It's purpose like most fb pages is, little to none most likely, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.