SDRTrunk Fade Issue

scottct1

Feed Provider
Not sure what's up, but I have been using SDRTrunk for awhile and it's been working fine.

Today however I use it and it will not tune to any of my talk groups. When a Talkgroup pops up the status goes from IDLE to FADE immediately.

Looking at the signal power I am getting around 23.4 which should be fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it... I even installed it on a new laptop and am getting the same thing... and it's orhappening no matter which trunk group I am using.
The Pink Colored ENCRYPTED seem to have no problem, but the unencrypted on always immediately say fade and I get no audio

For those wondering this is the Connecticut P25 CLMRN system.

Any ideas?

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
How's the noise floor? I noticed that I was having a similar issue with one of the control channels I monitor. I messed around with antenna position, gain settings, installed ferrites on USB cable and coax. Nothing seemed to work and I was starting to get frustrated. All of this headache turned out to be the LED porch light!

ChrisABQ

I was having some issues with SDRTrunk also, mostly crashes. Try unplugging the SDR's and hub if you have one, restart and plug everything back in, it's like doing a SDR cache reset. Let me know if it works.

scottct1

Feed Provider
I have restarted, reiserted, tried on a different laptop, Used different SDR devices and still not hearing anything... everything just says FADE when it tries to play... all was working great before and I didnt change anything.

I even took my machines to work today to see if it was some kind of interference issue. And having the same issues here.

On this machine I am on now all the tuner settings are default and I have not adjusted them at all.

Here is a screen shot.. from what I see it looks good and the signals look good to me, so maybe I am missing something.

Attachments

• 20240628_113219_screen_capture.png
    20240628_113219_screen_capture.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 16

ChrisABQ

Another thing you can try is going backwards through the older versions of SDRT and see if/when things may start to work again.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Another thing you can try is going backwards through the older versions of SDRT and see if/when things may start to work again.
I was just going to suggest the same thing. I tried one of the newer releases of the nightly build and had issues with it freezing and a few other things. I ended up going back to the previous nightly build. This version seems to be the most stable so far.
Screenshot 2024-06-28 105713.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Mine looks like this.

1719751619398.png

Yours looks like this

1719751666541.png

Post a screenshot of your tuners tab showing PPM and gain settings. Like this,

1719751895644.png

freema22

Feed Provider
I am experiencing EXACTLY the same thing. It worked great for MONTHS and all of a sudden, it is deaf as a post. I can see lots of strong signals on the waterfall, and can hear them on my old Whistler 1065 that shares the antenna. SDRTrunk isn't hearing anything. I verified this on a separate computer with a different SDR, and experienced the same thing. I really believe it's a software issue.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, as @dave3825 illustrates, it looks like the sdr device has drifted off frequency. The ppm needs readjusting, and it's possible the sdr device is failing.