Fair Grove Site comms Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I was traveling through MO. on I-44 and lost all Troop D Comms just outside of Springfield (heading East) and then got them back just outside Lebanon. I don't know why that happened but it coincides with the FG site coverage area. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I see that the input freqs were updated on 6/16 did that change the site freqs? Greene County, Fair Grove site. Had the same issue coming from the East days later. I looked over my programming and don't see anything there.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I never had any problem a couple weeks ago going through that area, but I just recently acquired a uniden homepatrol 1 and just downloaded the database a day or so before the trip.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Not sure, as I was coming west from Lebanon I was monitoring Troop D traffic as they were looking for a car that had been used to heist tools from Lowe's in Springfield. As I hit the FG site all comma went away and I got them back on the west side of Springfield about 20- 30 miles out. Troopers had the car stopped past Mt. Vernon. Since FG is shown to be the coverage area I where I wasn't getting anything I believe it may be the issue. Have to check but I believe Freistat (sp) was when I got comms back.

scannerowner

It almost looks like the coverage area covers Freistat site too, so it could be a coverage shadow, and not many officers affiliated with the other site. Just a thought.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Did you only lose Troop D comms in the Sprigfiield area or did you lose "all" comms on the site in question? If you were still picking up other comms on 44 for MOSWIN then maybe during scanning you just missed their radio traffic. I know Lebanon uses MOSWIN a lot.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
There is a new 700mhz in springfield. My guess is that Dispatch is using the 700 site now and the fair grove site did not have any cars affiliated with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.