Fair Radio September Specials

Status
Not open for further replies.

a29zuk

I've purchased some stuff from them in the past. Used to get their paper catalog in the snail mail. They've always have some interesting radio equipment.
They also had a power transformer for my Collins R-390.

Jim

K4EET

Chaplain
Hey Mike (@mbott), thanks for posting this. Just the other day I was trying to remember this company's name and could not find it in my cobwebs upstairs. Perfect timing, my friend! Dave

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I keep thinking I'll pick up on of the R-390A HF radios they sell, but I just don't have the room. :(

--
Mike

K4EET

Chaplain
I keep thinking I'll pick up on of the R-390A HF radios they sell, but I just don't have the room. :( <snip>
Actually, at $1,200 USD for a reconditioned Collins R-390A not counting whatever 92 pounds of freight shipping would cost, there are other more modern receivers that you would probably find much more useful for SWL/HF monitoring applications. Unless, of course, you have some table that you want to hold down during a severe wind event. The Collins R-390A receiver is definitely iconic but $1,200 USD is a little pricey for that technology except for those who are a hard-core Collins addicts and need that model for their collection. Maybe that's you? Cheers! Dave

MVC-012X-600x450.jpg

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Dave, Fair Radio is less than a 90 minute drive. Shipping would not hold me back if I ever decide to scratch the itch. :) Back in the day, it was 15 minutes from the house.

--
Mike

K4EET

Chaplain
Dave, Fair Radio is less than a 90 minute drive. <snip>
You lucky duck! I envy you guys that live so close to "candy stores" that you can smell the goods. In non-COVID-19 times, I bet you spend a lot of time in Lima at that very store viewing all of that wonderful candy... :ROFLMAO:

mbott

Premium Subscriber
You lucky duck! I envy you guys that live so close to "candy stores" that you can smell the goods. In non-COVID-19 times, I bet you spend a lot of time in Lima at that very store viewing all of that wonderful candy... :ROFLMAO:
I've yet to visit DX Engineering up in the NE part of the state, but have been to R&L Electronics several times. Universal Radio is left, right, left and left: 8 minutes if I hit the lights right. Used to know the names of the dogs that roamed Fair. Don't care for cats. :)

--
Mike

a29zuk

My R390 sits on a Kennedy tool box in my garage. It keeps me entertained when I'm doing projects out there.
A friend of ours gave it to my brother back in the late 70's because he was moving out of state and didn't want to take it with him. My brother gave it to me because he didn't want to lug it around, either.
So the price was right and signals pop out of the quiet background...no synthesizer noise!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.