Fairfax County animal control Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

Hopefully someone can help with this .I have a friend who does animal rescue work here in N. Virginia and he would like to be able to monitor FF county Animal control. He is know by and works with the county but they are sort of reticent about telling him about their radio stuff. Just wants to know if any animal may be loose in his area before he gets a phone call from owners etc.

Thanks

Greg
danesgs1@gmail.com

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hopefully someone can help with this .I have a friend who does animal rescue work here in N. Virginia and he would like to be able to monitor FF county Animal control. He is know by and works with the county but they are sort of reticent about telling him about their radio stuff. Just wants to know if any animal may be loose in his area before he gets a phone call from owners etc.

Thanks

Greg
danesgs1@gmail.com
Fairfax County (Project 25) Trunking System, Fairfax, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

TG 1277 on the above system. He will need a Digital Scanner Phase 1, maybe Phase 2.

cpetraglia

You have to set the scanner up to monitor the Ffx Co trunked P25 system. Most times I have heard the AC channel, they are encrypted. No scanner will work for encryption.

fredva

Feed Provider
I have a digital scanner sit, I am looking for their frequency :)

Agencies on a digital trunking system use whichever frequency a computer assigns them at the moment they key up. An agency doesn't have a single frequency assigned to it. The info in the link that was posted is what is needed to program a scanner to receive the system and listen to a particular talkgroup (aka channel). But as stated, Animal Control might be encrypted.

danesgs

FF county Animal control frquency

Never thought about P25 using whatever is available on the system but the TG number helps very much thanks to all! My friend with SCARs will be happy. He is currently relocating animals to other states that have "No-Kill shelters. He and his cousin own a small plane, tail number N242MD if you want to see where he is at this time via flightaware. Also he is a retired A-6 Fighter pilot. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.